• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

increasing chipset voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

borg

Registered
edited: ugh sorry, seems that I missed the subforum, but still, maybe the fsb limit *is* related to my proc, so... don't kill me :)

I don't hear anyone talking about this, is this a wise thing to do if you are upping FSB or does it tend to kill your m/b? for example, I hit the wall at 205mhz system clock (410fsb) and it's isn't the proc, and I'm 70% sure it isn't the ddr400mhz memory ("brand name" ;) ), so should I up the chipset voltage?
thx

You already have a nice overclock. Try upping the Vcore to see how much further you can go. Don't forget to Prime95 Torture Test for stability.

c627627 said:
You already have a nice overclock. Try upping the Vcore to see how much further you can go. Don't forget to Prime95 Torture Test for stability.

i am more cocerned with FSB right now....
but i can do 2.4 with this CPU... but i dont know if i likethe Voltage/Temps i need to get 2.4 stable... and with a broken 9x multiplier, not 100% sure how its gona end up...
but i got untill Half-Life II to find out

Back