• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newer boards change multis through pins?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigdogbmx

I just agreed to buy an MSI KT6 Delta fis2r from a hardware tester who is getting rid of stuff. I told him about the bridges being messed up on my CPU and he said he thought that newer boards used the socket pins to change the multi rather tahn the bridges. Does anyone know if thats true?

I'm afraid you'll still have to do some surgery, in order to be able to adjust the multiplier through BIOS you still need to have an unlocked CPU.

Sorry, and good luck on the surgery.

Yeh the thing is its fully unlocked ok, its just that at the moment its a bit wild. Like I must have cut the 2x bridge by accident because I was hoping for 15x and I got 17x. Which isnt what you want. And to make it worse I scraped all the coating off the bridges so I could see them and now its stuck at 19x. I dont know why I cant change it it should be ok but its stuck. Well see anyways I suppose.

Dude, is your mobo running in Jumperless mode?
You can try to set the mobo to x7 (by manual) that will give you default multi of x15. One more thing the KT133A boards only work at 17x133, nothing else will work with 133, just set it to 100 and see if other multies are accessible.

No I tried all the multis there are. It was giong to either 17,18 or 23 before but now its 19x. The thing is that setting it to 7x Should give my 15 but it gives me 17. Or it did but now I get 19x watever I set it to. Im gonna give it another bash with the dipswitches and see but im not holding out. I think Ive just damaged the 2x bridge and loked it high somehow.

Back