• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8DRA+ 1.1 : Highest FSB you attained w/o xtra NB cooler/vdd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ffactoryxx

What is the highest FSB you guys attained on the 8rda+ 1.1 c1 stepping motherboard without using VDD mod and different NB cooler. If you did use stock,di you lap it. Just want to get a feeling of how high oi should go w/o having to buy extra nb cooling. MY sys temps are 24c under load

Running [email protected] /w twinmos ch-5 pc3200

i was able to hit about 195mhz.... and now after the vdd mod, i can run it at 210... the vdd mod was very painful though....... if i knew what i was doing, i wouldn't have done it... it was also my first soldering job...

brennan77 said:
220. No mods. I run it at 215 lately though.

:eek::eek: no way! are you sure you're running 100% memory???
and are you sure that you have the old version of the board??? i know everyone had a hard time hitting 200, how could you run it at 220????

I hit 215mhz stock heatsink without my vdd mod....with the vdd mod i bet i can hit 240 pretty easy.....I just dont want to spend money on new memory since this pc3200 i have now wont go past 225mhz.

Also now my NB was water cooled but before it was just the stock sink with a 40mm fan on top.

filip04 said:

:eek::eek: no way! are you sure you're running 100% memory???
and are you sure that you have the old version of the board??? i know everyone had a hard time hitting 200, how could you run it at 220????

I'm not kidding. The memory is at 100% with my Samsung PC2700 at 2.5 3 3 6 with 2.77v. I know, it sounds a little crazy. Anything about 215 gives me problems with Prime95 but it's stable enough to run 3dmark and what not. I'm running between 215 and 212 right now for my everyday usage. And I didn't mod a thing. No voltage increase, no added cooling.

i just got a refurb from newegg and its a rev 1.1 a3 so i thought i would be disappointed but its doing 200right out of the box, havent even replaced the thermal pad on the nb yet

I'm also running 220 fsb here stock, I did put some AS3 on the NB. Currentlly at 10*220 on a xp1700
-Fat

so which is the best stepping? I have A1 but I'm not sure how high it will go since my ram was limiting me pretty bad, crashes as soon as it goes over 166 and its barely stable AT 166, need to bump VDimm up to make it stable

the mobo i'm still not positive on, I have new ram coming today so I'll see how that goes

my 1.1 can't get full memory bandwidth at 200fsb. I get higher bandwidth at 185fsb. The memory is completely stable so I'm assuming it's the motherboard.

SnComet2 said:
my 1.1 can't get full memory bandwidth at 200fsb. I get higher bandwidth at 185fsb. The memory is completely stable so I'm assuming it's the motherboard.

Are you sure that the memory timings are manually set? If you allow the motherboard to do it for you, it will lower the timings drastically as you raise the frequency.

brennan77 said:

Are you sure that the memory timings are manually set? If you allow the motherboard to do it for you, it will lower the timings drastically as you raise the frequency.

I choose all of my timings. At 166fsb I choose 2-2-2-5. At 185 fsb I choose 2-2-2-6. At 200fsb I choose 2.5-3-3-7. I always run my memory at 2.63 volts as raising voltage always makes me nervous. I get idientical memory bandwidth scores at 200fsb at 2.5-3-3-7 as I do at 2-2-2-6 if I up the voltage. I also always run in aggresive on the cpu interface. I wonder what the problem could be.

I am using sisoft 2004 to measure my bandwidth. Should i use another program?

Back