• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

reseting bios to default settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boxboy

Registered
Ok i got my new A7N8X up and running and i was messing with the bios and change something so now it wont boot.
I know there is a key if you hold it down it will set the settings back toi the default setting but what is it!

That or can i just just pull the cmos battary for a few sec.s and pop it back in?

Alot of motherboards have a feature that you can hold down a key (insert on the ones I have seen) that lets you boot at default clock speeds etc. Otherwise that board has a clear cmos jumper. I never needed to remove the battery on that board, just unplug the psu, put the jumper in the clear position and leave it like that for several seconds, then put it back and boot up.

Thanks Dark thats what i thought but wasnt sure if anyone knew the Key to hold down!

By the way this BIOS is very confusing! (compared to the BIOS for the A7V8x) anyone get a good set up they want to share ?

I have version 2.0 Mobo with the 1.5 bios
I still need to wipe my HD and get windows reinstalled!

I just got it run and running during my lunch after swapping out my old crappy PS so ill keep you cats posted

Last edited:
Back