• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Winbond chip on eBay??? Good???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aznboi64

I found this seller on eBay selling winbond BH-5 or CH-5 chips. Is what he says true? link And my question is since I'm my computer I have a NF7-S and AMD xp1800 *checked stepping and such and this is an O/C champ). I want to hit 2.5+ghz with this cpu. I heard Mushkin black level 2 is great, Buffalo and Geil are also good. but many of them have different models such as Buffalo. How do I know which chip I'm getting is the BH or CH winbond chips. And is 1 512mb better then 2x256? I know some of these are old questions sorry for the old topics.

aznboi64 said:
Is 1 512mb better then 2x256? I know some of these are old questions sorry for the old topics.

2x256 is usually better then 1-512, given that you have a MoBo that uses dual channel. Though, the benefit is more significant in Intel then it is for AMD.

although u may get a deal,you may or may not get what youre looking for on ebay.to be sure, its best to do your homework. do a search in this forum on bh5 chips .learn all u can. check out the reputible sites that advertise the bh5 chips. dont be afraid to email their tech support and ask.. If they have an 800 number give em a call.Then make your decision..

If its on Ebay then chances are its a poor o/c that someone wants to pawn off. Save your money and time and buy Buffalo 3700 from newegg and be sure you will get BH-5.

Its not even a very a good deal, and CH-5 chips are lackluster at best. I second wannaoc's suggestion. The Buffalo are only $100 for 512mb. $/mb, they're cheaper than that one from ebay could ever be.

Don't buy from this guy!

I checked the vendor's feedback. Even though he has a very high satisfaction rating of 99.6%, he has 4 negatives in the past week and 10 in the past month. That's pretty high. Futhermore, his responses to the negative comments are not the most professional in tone:

Complaint : Slow shipping and poor communication. Use a readily trackable shipping service.
Response by palmtreepc - USPS Delivery Conf. DOESN'T SHOW TRACKING, only DELIVERY. Impatient buyer.

Complaint : This seller attempted to stick me with 20% shipping&testing over price! No!
Response by palmtreepc - It's 12% on this auction, & it's CLEARLY POSTED in the ad. NON-PAYING BIDDER.

Complaint : Sent numerous emails and wouldn't reply. If he doesn't want my money thats fine
Response by palmtreepc - Were 2 e-mail invoices + 2 personal replies not enough? Are you receiving them?

He also leaves retaliatory feedback and engages in very childish name-calling:

Complaint : Please BUY and READ the book "eBay for DUMMIES" if you don't understand this.
Response by brendan_macisaac - I don't know what your complaining about. Please be clear.
Follow-up by palmtreepc - DEADBEAT BIDDER. Didn't pay despite MULTIPLE emails, but left NEG. Very BAD.

Complaint : Garden Variety Shipping WHINER. Doesn't READ AD before he bids. VERY BAD.

Complaint : Totally UNREASONABLE. Doesn't read ad. Left unwarranted NEG. TERRIBLE!

Based on this, I would not do business with this vendor. To put it another way, he doesn't have a professional attitude. If you have any problems, it could turn out to be a real nightmare. I had a bad experience with another vendor a while back, cellularking.com, who acted in a very similar fashion, and learned to watch out for these warning signs the hard way....

Thanks for the 1 up. Since people are saying the Buffalo mem are good. What do I look on the label to buy the memory? Will it say CH or BH-5 on the chip? Is there a specific model of Buffalo or other good mem I should know about?

What about OCZ? Any good? How would you guys rate in order with these chips....Buffalo, Mushkin lvl2, Corsair XMS, HyperX, Geil Ultra Platnium. I appreciate any help.

Back