• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You guys rock!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

memnoch349

I NEED TO CONTACT SILVERSINKSAM
Stable at over 1800mhz!!! Woo-hoo!!!! I love you guys man...sniff,sniff. Not bad for a brand new $50 mobo and $60 chip with stock cooling

memnoch349 said:
Stable at over 1800mhz!!! Woo-hoo!!!! I love you guys man...sniff,sniff. Not bad for a brand new $50 mobo and $60 chip with stock cooling

indeed congrats ;d so what was this mystery 50 dollar chip? 1700+ or 1800+?? and whats the board? =p

Sorry guys...in the midst of all my glory being new at overclocking and learning in mere hours how to do it I forgot my manners:)

Here are some specs...

Mobo...http://www.elements-pc.com/mb/v400da/v400da.html
CPU...AMD XP 2000+ (T-Bred 'B')with stock cooling
Memory...256 samsung DDR 2100

Running at 1841 MHZ, High temp 50 c after running Prime 95 for 13 hours 6 min, 1.63 volts

Going to look for bettter heatsink and fan combo today. I hear I can get another 600 MHZ out of this

Hope that's what you meant for specs.

Could not have done it without you guys!!!!!

Just wanna give you guys props for all the help over the past two days! Got more help here than anywhere I have tried before:thup:

I'll spend whatever gets the best bang for the buck.

First off, congrats on a nice oc.

A really good hs choice would be an SLK-900-A. Can be had at Newegg for $37.99 + $6.00 shipping. Maby not the best bang for the buck, but it'll keep that 2000+ nice & cool (more headroom to overclock even further :D ). And put a smart fan II on it ($9.99 + $6.00 shipping). Admittedly, that's not the most economical way to go, but a real :cool: way to go. :D

Actually got it up to 1912 MHZ and stable. Prime95'ed for 10+ hours. And yes folks.....still running retail cooler and fan at high temp of 51 c! Maybe it is just because the case has such good airflow. Put putty on all the seams and leaks and blew smoke through the front to see airflow through side and it was quite a bit of eye candy with the lights and all. Did a little whirl around in the center near the CPU and exited through the rear with such grace:) Quake III for 5+ hours and stable. Don't know if that means anything. Just wanted to check for frame drops and such.

hey, on quake 3, if you have the latest patch(1.32), on the menu screen, pull down the console, type in "\timedemo 1" without the quotes, then close the console, click demos, and play the demo, when it's done, pull down the console, and see what the average fps is, good quick benchmark, do it twice

HA youre hooked now dude!:D i was the same way about a year ago i built my first sytem with a athlon thunderbird 1.4 gig and a shuttle kt133 mother board. in the last year i have upgraded through 4 motherboards, 3 CPU's, 2 sticks of ramm, 3 video cards, 2 water blocks and 2 pumps!

i'm telling you man "it's adictive"!:eek:

nice job and keep it up! a nice heatsink-fan you'll probly hit over 2gig!

that cpu can go MUCH higher than 1900.... invest $30 on a SK7 and 80mm fan and you should be able to get around 2.3ghz

Back