• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help!! Comp Won't Even Start :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thaimonk

Registered
HI

I'm using this ECS K7S5A Mobo, i was installing Zalman CNPS7000A-CU and install fan controls/sensor and lighting. And i tried to on my comp, i ran but then i forgot to connect the fan on the CPU so i off my comp and connect it. After that the comp won't start. The fans spins for 1 sec and stop. Any idea why? here's what've tried

-reset bios
-Change PSU from A to B
-Use PSU A and B on other comp <-- the other comp works
-Took out all Hardware, video card, modem etc etc.

any idea why? i'm stuck :( would be any problem with mobo?

when clearing the CMOS, make sure the battery is removed and there is NO power to the board at all (remove the ATX block or kill the switch in the back of the PSU). Wait 30-60 seconds minimum then put it all back together and see what happens.

thanks for helping. i was checking my stuff last night.. and i found out that the AMD cracked when i put HSF on -____-'''

images.php

Oooooh.... hate when cpu's crack. I cracked two of them myself... HOWEVER, one worked fine again simply by using non-conductive thermal grease. (Had to wipe the Arctic Silver off real good.

The other was just dead. Still no go...

At any rate, before you give up on it, if you are using Arctic Silver or another "metallic" grease, try a non-conductive one, like Ceramique. Worked for one of mine at least.

Good luck!

oh.. sweet.. i'll try that then. but how to wipe all the old thermal compound out completely? any ways or have to use any chemical?

oh that sucks, ive never had a cracked CPU and i hope i never will. :(
can you try to give us a better picture so we can see it? Go to www.theforumisdown.com and upload your pic, its free. Or, email me at [email protected] with the pic attached, ill host it for you if you would like.

Use a cloth or a paper towel and rubbing alchohol to try to get that AS3 off.

if its like a huge crack and there is like a trench in the cpu, you might not have any luck, but if its a little one and just some silver compound got in, if it all gets cleaned out, it might work. Oh, and since its a crack, wait a bit like a day before applying NON conductive compound, this will ensure that the rubbing alchohol inside will evaporate.

Everyone, always take care when putting the Heatsink on !

this is off topic, but what part of Thailand are you from?

Good Luck!
Cheers!
-f1
:cool:

Thanks. I'll try wat u said. I'll send the pic that i have now.. i'll scan it again.. this one isn't that clear tho. hehehe

from bangkok :p accroding to american pie wedding it spells Bang-****!

thaimonk said:
Thanks. I'll try wat u said. I'll send the pic that i have now.. i'll scan it again.. this one isn't that clear tho. hehehe

from bangkok :p accroding to american pie wedding it spells Bang-****!

ill try to get the pic hosted for you sometime this afternoon.

ROFLoL!! he he thats funny. anyways, i was just curiouse, i have family in bangkok.

ok got the pic up.

here is thaimonk's pic,
amd2.jpg

id say thats a pretty hefty sized crack, im not so sure if you will be able to recover this one, but good luck!

hehehehe it is huge..
and i tihnk the pic is too big!!
anyway i'll try.. thanks for helping
worse come to worse.. just a cool key change then :D :D :D :D

well, any luck? or do you have a cool keychain?

that will really suck if its dead. :(

what cpu was it? i cant really read the lettering. From the looks it seems like either a tbred A or B is it one of those 1700's? i have one of those. they are awsome!

i haven't try. Need to buy one of these non-conductive thermal compound. tsk tsk ya it was one of these Tbred-B 1700+ AMD XP but it was DU tho.. luckily it wasn't DL phew!

heh! good thing. if it is gone, definatly go for a L man mine oc's really really well, also there is some new stepping for hte 1800 thats pretty good too. the 2500 bartons arent bad either ;)

-f1

hte 1800? u meant XP 1800+? i was thnking of getting 2500+ barton with NF7-S... should be quite good aye? :D

oops typo, i meant, "the" but yes the 2500 has a new stepping that overclocks pretty well. what sound card do you have? if you already have a decent one, i would skip gettting the "s" and get an Nf7 2.0 instead, or if you really need the sound, then get the nf7-s 2.0 i hear the 2.0 is much better.

ya.. i heard the barton 2500+ is good, wanna get AMD 64 but too expensive man :(.. have to checkl the stepping in the forums sometimes.. but then.. in New Zealand, they dun sell OEM for 2500+ Barton -_-"" i can't choose it.........

I got SB Live, it's an ok card i guess... anyway if i take it out then there are less restriction of air flow :) and yet.. in Thailand.. they dun sell NF7... only got NF7-S -_-'' and only have verion 2.0

Back