• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just a heads up....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heydre

Registered
For those of you that consider lifetime warranties as a part of their buying decisions be wary. I purchased a Samsung RAM 512mb RAM chip that died after a year and a half. I was told by Samsung that the vendor is supposed to mediate the RMA transaction as they don't deal directly with the public.

The vendor tried to tell me that Samsung has to handle it. After some discussion with a manager they agreed to take the chip back (more than likely as a result of my past account activity).

Soooooooo having a lifetime warranty and SUPPORTING it are two different things: be careful on who you choose for your vendor AND your manufacturer and let price determine AFTER that.

Heydre

thanks for the heads up. i think i a lot of us take the "lifetime" for granted.

which vendor are you refering to?

Most of my stuff is from newegg. Hope they won't give me a hastle if my ram dies

It was Newegg and it still remains to be seen as to what they replace it with....we'll see.

the lifetime warranties are almsot ALWAYS with the manufactuer..not the reseller...

Back