• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The most reliable AMD motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. $T$

I need a good AMD socket A motherboard with the nForce 2 chipset, need no frills no on board anything needed, but not excluded, no raid or sata just somthing reliable and overclocker friendly. I also don't want to be stating later "Motherboard does not see second dimm" or "strange beep code help".

I have been looking at this asus and it looks promising, any input.

TIA :)

Edit: Please excuse I seem to not be able to read below this post :eek:

:rolleyes: :bang head

Last edited:
But despite all, I have desided to get the Nf7-S because it has awsome audio and unmatched stability and overclocking options glore, but I still have some more questions.

Does it have firewire plugs included in the motherboard box, you can get a picture on newegg.com it shows it with various connectors and such and my question is, is that black plug firewire? not the long sata connector but the one that screws into the PCI bays, and what is that black box Sata device is it some kind of adaptor?, like sata to pata or visa-versa

This is the picture from abits site an it shows the black box thingy
nf7-s_package.jpg

and this is the pict on newegg's site:
13-127-143-05.JPG

Yeah NF7-S was the right way to go. The Asus is a nice board but I found the NF7-S to be more reliable and I am definatly pushing it harder than I pushed the asus.

yes the lil black box thingy is called Seriellel.. converts P-ATA to S-ATA since this board runs raid S-ATA you'll need 2 to run raid too bad they only give you one =\

Back