• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good AMD board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sup3rcarrx8

What's a good AMD board that's at a good price right now along with a good bundle of stuff and is very stablility for a budget of under $200? Thanks.

EDIT: It's going to be mostly for gaming, internet, and homework. Usual stuff. =)

man when is dfi going to add some mounting holes around the socket? its the only one listed by "angry" that doesnt have them. the one dfi kt266a board i have is probably the best overall board i have. but i gotta have the holes man!

Angry_Games said:
Abit NF7-S
Asus A7N8X
DFI LanParty NF2
Epox 8RDA+

those are probobly the best socket A boards...
but for under $200, i would take the epox 8rda3+ as opposed to the 8rda+. it comes with raid, sata, and dual lan... oh yeah, also vdd control for much better overclocking. although, neither of these boards come with active northbridge cooling so if you want insane overclocks, you'll have to fix that

filip04 said:

those are probobly the best socket A boards...
but for under $200, i would take the epox 8rda3+ as opposed to the 8rda+. it comes with raid, sata, and dual lan... oh yeah, also vdd control for much better overclocking. although, neither of these boards come with active northbridge cooling so if you want insane overclocks, you'll have to fix that

The 8RDA3+ has many issues, imho the 8RDA+ would be a better choice.

Overall though if you want overclockability get the NF7-S. If you want features get the ASUS Deluxe, and if you want a motherboard that glows get the DFI Lanparty.

funnyperson1 said:

The 8RDA3+ has many issues, imho the 8RDA+ would be a better choice.

Overall though if you want overclockability get the NF7-S. If you want features get the ASUS Deluxe, and if you want a motherboard that glows get the DFI Lanparty.

i'm hoping they fixed all of the issues in the deluxe... i know a LOT of us were having problems with that board...

but well said...

For $200 there are probably very few boards that are OUT of your price range. Now, if $200 is board+CPU budget, I would stick to the NF7 or NF7-S as those tend to stay on the inexpensive side of the good nForce2 boards.

Would you guys think that getting a xp 2500 barton would be a great difference from my 1800? I think the 2500 only goes for a little under $110 nowadays.

Back