• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best overclockable athlon xp??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dalilman52

I am going to upgrade from my t-bird 900 in my sig (finally) nad i wanted to know which chip would be the best to overclock with my current setup, i heard that athlon t-birds put out more heat than a new t-bred, also, i wanted to know what the difference is between other cores, like the t-bred a, b, barton, palomino and so on. Help me out here! also btw, i am gonna get a asus a7n8x dlx rev 2.0 (w00t) for maxmimum o/c potential, should i upgrade my psu? i have a sort of an old antec "smart power" 300 w that came with this old case that no one has ever heard of.
________
Teen Shower

Last edited:
I am new to this and all but from what I have read on these forums over the past day or so it seems that everyone speaks highly of XP 2500's bartons and t-bred's

either an 1800+ at newegg as I hear they are all DLT3C's which means you will be hitting 2.3gHz+ or you can hit yourself up with a 2500+ barton almost guarunteed 2.3gHz and with the exta cache....this makes it a tad more powerfull..........if it where me and I was going to get another processor.....I would go with the barton and go for 2.4Ghz on air :)

i may try getting the newegg 1800, its much cheaper than a 2500, i dont want to break the bank on a cpu i wont be using for that long
________
TOP PENNY STOCKS

Last edited:
Your best bet is that DLT3C 1800+ from excal. If you don't need the absolute best overclocker then go ahead and take a risk on newegg, you will probably still end up with a great chip.

what core is the 1800+ dlt3c and what other cores, like the 1700+ yeild a really good high oc i think its t-breds?
________
WENDIE 99

Last edited:
I don't know if I'd be willing to chance it at newegg just yet. Remember what happened to people when they were selling good steppings for the 1700+. All of sudden people were getting new batches of A cores. That's a bummer. I went with the excaliber 1800. From mine and the results of several other CPU's around here, it's almost a guaranteed 2400mhz on air barring user error/hardware capability.

Back