• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does this CPU have more potential?? Thanks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like that guy had some good aircooling on it. I always take what people on ebay say with a grain of salt. Still that stepping could probably do 2.4-2.5 on air if you are lucky.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&category=44935 Im looking at that one right now...seems like a nice overclock if he aint lying. What u guyz think this thing can do with good air cooling... Thanks

Well it looks good & it's the DLT3C so that means it's got the 1.5v vcore default. But I'd beware, like Deathknight said, about buying off ebay. I noticed that the seller only has 8 reviews, though all positive. I've got a 1700+ DLT3C running @ 2.5 on air. It's sweet :D

Good luck! ;)

I have the *EXACT* same stepping as that one - I got it to 2.4 GHz on decent quality air cooling (SLK-800, 50 cfm fan) with some voltage (1.825 Vcore) with ease, and it is currently rock stable at 2500 MHz with a nice 1.9 Vcore - not bad, but not *really* great either. I am a temperature worrier, and thats the only thing that stopepd me from running it at 2500 MHz on air. I am currently held back by RAM, and being limited to a 12.5 multiplier. I suspect that this chip will step up to around 2600 MHz with a Vcore at around 2.0.

With good RAM - allowing for a nice FSB overclock - I hope that my chip still has a lot of potential left in it now that I have managable temperatures.

I guess that that is a good enough deal to bid on, but I suspect that the price will go up to more than the chip is really worth.

i have that exact chip too.. looks liek the ones off SCV.. they were mostly pretty good chips.. just hope the bid dont go up too high

Don't pay more than $70 for it. I got mine for $80 Canadian at a local store.

If you want to save money go around your local stores and ask to look at the steppings on their chips - then just buy one lcoally and use it - that way you aren't getting a *used* processor like this one - I wouldn't want a second hand processor that some guy has already been overclocking no matter how good it looks...

hrm...thanks for the input guyz. I think Im still gonna gamble with a new chip from somewhere. Its more of like receiving a present from someone =) u dont know whats inside, and could be a nice surprise.
I work at a local store but all our 1800+ and 1700+ are old DUT3C's actually. all B cores though.

on the other hand 2500+ we have are all very new steppings.
They are the AQZEA or what ever not AQXEA.

Guess I will scrounge around to PCCLUB here see if they got any good 1800+ or 1700+'s

If you can find a 2100 they are almost all good if you get a tbred b. Also the 2100's apparently like voltage more than the 1700's. And now that the 2400's have dropped, you might even consider one, garentied 2Ghz anyway ;)

I havent seen many 2100's posts here can u give me some links.
also what stepping code to look for and all that...and I will look into them.

I plan on putting this CPU in a IDEQ 200n and hopefully hitting 2.4ghz AT LEAST.
So, whatever can get me to 2.4ghz and run the coolest is what me lookin for =)

Back