• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a build story +lesson

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boxboy

Registered
So last night i started to build my system / transfer components to the new MOBO.
so i plug in the CPU menory video card my "Master hard drive" and my CDrom to do a fresh install of windows. Double check every thing hooked up right and fire her up!

well 1st it was taking for ever just to load up to the boot screen and into BIOS. Im like this dont seem right (ive built 5 systems now) so i get my Bios set to my system default and boot from CD.
well dam that took for ever screnn would go blank for like 10 min the finally slowly (I mean F-in slowly) load windows drivers then get to a point where it asks you if you want to load windows!

Next ofcourse i say yes then a screen pops up "can not load windows no hard drive found"! No i now in the bios it was all good it ready every thing about the drive. Well i did this twice to make sure i wasnt missing something and was starting to hate this board!
Idea after running set up twice and very very very slowly
"maybee i sould hook up the slave drive too and see if it does the samething.

Pow i boot up zip pow boot fast as hell snap right into Bios , check my boot config.
restart
BVAng right to window set up reformat load windows and thenlan drivers the Nforce divers the video card drivers.

update windows and start loading every thing else........

Now what it all comes down to is that the Master HD i left the jumper as MASTER (i have done this before when reformating it in my other system (all VIA chip sets) anmd never had a problem!

the Bios/system had a had time because it was still thinking the was a SLAVE HD the that was.

Well call it a lesson learn i hope this will help some one else out in the future!

Thanks guys once i get this thing burned in and rocking ill be asking more questions and OC the system!

1 last thing i noticed my CPU temps are a hell of a lot cooler with the mobo old was 45/6 idle and 51 hot new 36 ilde and (havent measure hotyet) but the system is still 1/2 in the case *** all the probs i was having!

Ill keep ya posted.
:cool:

Back