• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old XP1800+...what potential does it have?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

omaticrail

I know this information is available here, but search results are bloated with all the chatter about the new 1800 chips. I have an old xp1800+, and I was wondering what it's O/C potential is.

Wish I had more info on the chip. Can't look cuz I got no thermal paste handy.

Well you are gonna need to find out the stepping and the core type before anyone can help you a huge amount. These you should be able to find on the black label underneath the core This will tell you the stepping (5 letters start with an A or J) There is a good sticky around I believe about xp steppings. But in general If its a palamino core its not a great overclocker. feel free to correct me anyone :D

Throw me a frickin bone here! I'm the boss... need the info.... :D

Ok now that my silliness is out of the way there is just no way of telling how good an oc you will have without at least knowing if you have a palamino, tbreda or tbred B. The stepping code and default voltage would help even better ;)

If you're not sure what you got, you can always use the GCPUID proggy to check for the info on ur CPU

Back