• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the best memory for OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

extremecorvette

Disabled
I'm new to this forum and just built my new computer, and I want to up grade already. I have Micron memory that I can't seem to run stable past 200 unless I drop the multiple to 10. It bench marks lower with the 3DMark03. I'm running 200x11.5 and getting 432, what isn't bad for only having 650 in the case.

What is the best memory for OC and CPU air-cooling out there? Thanks

Pretty much anything with winbond BH-5 chips, the Mushkin black lvl2 or whatever it is gaurentees that, also some Buffalo chips are Bh-5 while others are CH-5 (still good but not nearly as good), here is a list of the Bufflo memory chips for each module. Otheres can be good Ocers to and Corsair XMS is pretty much always good memory.

No one likes Adata anymore? This stuff is the easiest memory I've ever overclocked... just need to give it pleanty of vDIMM.

kestrel said:
No one likes Adata anymore? This stuff is the easiest memory I've ever overclocked... just need to give it pleanty of vDIMM.

I love my Adata!!! Its has been the best oc'ing memory in my experience.

I bought Geil Golden Dragon 2x256 Dual PC3500 @ 2-3-3-7 about 3-4 months ago for $129.

I am currently running it at 210FSB (420) :) @ 2.8V

This RAM can also go up to 3.1V!!!!! but my stupid mobo (ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe) won't let me, which really s*cks.

Back