• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Im having problem with my sound!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

samkhadra

I've been trying out my 5.1 speakers out with this new chipset that comes with my NF7 Rev 2.0, the thing is when I plug in the green cable and the orange cable the sound is ok, but as soon as I add the final cable (black cable) it don't work it brings all the sound down and bass. Can anyone explain why that happens! I've got all the new nForce drivers aswell!

Thanks in advance!

I had an issue similar to that when i installed my speakers. Im not certain on yours but on my speakers the green is front channel, the orange is the rear channel, and black is center and sub-channel. If you dont use the sub channel/center channel plug, my speakers would sample bass from the front channel. as soon as i pluged in the sub/center plug the bass would be quieter. I solved this by disabling the "create LFE (low frequency emiter) channel" in the nForce control pannel. all of the other settings read as follows:

Dolby(R) Surround Encoding-off
create center channel-on
create center channel 3d pan-on
create lfe chanel-off
rear speaker phase shift-on

i hope these help you out.... please dont let my lack of stars discourage you ;) good luck let me know how it goes

Last edited:
there should be a shortcut in your systray. it looks like the nvidia symbol w/ a speaker. if its not there you can get to it through the windows control panel. its called nvidia nforce control panel
i hope this helps :)

thats not true jamesmiller. if you install the drivers from nvidia's site, it installs the control panel also. at least it did on my shuttle

thanks jamesmiller i was not aware that only nf7-s boards had the control panel i thought it aplied to all nf7 boards. i do know the nf7 does not have soundstorm but it still does have 6 channel audio. i was always lead to belive the only difference the nf7 and nf7-s had was the -s was soundstorm aproved and suported dolby digital encoding. acording to abit's website otherwise they are both ac-97 codec apu's that run off of the mcp+spp chipset, only the nf7-s is the mcp-t revision to support 400mhz fsb and dolby digital encoding. If the nf7 does not have the control panel how are you suposed to adjust outputs. is there a nforce control panel equivilant for the nf7 boards?

if i sound confusing please give me a break it is 11:45 at night :p

Last edited:
you dont want to use dolby surround encoding unless your surround set suports dolby decoding. such as some of the creative inspire series speakers. but not many others suport that feature.

which website did you get the drivers from. abit or nvidia. if you got them from abit then you want to download the unified driver for windows xp from nvidia's website. the link you want is -->nforce driver
this driver is for all nforce and nforce 2 based motherboards. it is suposed to install the latest hardware drivers for the chipset as well as the latest audio control panel.
ps: sorry we got a little off subject earlier :D
i hope this helps

wannaoc said:

Why turn that off? It totally defeats the purpose of having a good sound chipset. Turn that on or your just robbing yourself of some great sound.

dolby surround encoding is for surround effect from 2 speaker setups. using this with a dolby digital setup will kill your rear and center channels. Dolby digital encoding is what u will use with a 5.1/6.1 setup.

samkhadra, u will have to have the audio control panel in order to use the options for 5.1 surround. also, i noticed on mine that i have to plug the black wire into the orange socket and the orange wire into the black socket, otherwise it sends my sub signal to the rear speakers, i nearly blew my rear right speaker before i figured that out :(. if you do not have the green icon in the task bar for the audio control panel, perhaps u may find it in control panel? a shortcut for it resides there also if the one in task bar is disabled. If you cannot find it at all, perhaps you should install Abits driver pack one time and see if it installs then.
good luck and post back.

J.

*edit, oh yes, on a note, i have the creative inspire 5.1 series speakers.

Last edited:
CrazyP said:
thats not true jamesmiller. if you install the drivers from nvidia's site, it installs the control panel also. at least it did on my shuttle
cherryp00t said:
yes it works for all nf2 boards i have it on my nf7-s and a7n8x

i was refering to abit's "nf" boards only. the nf7 does not have soundstorm - meaning no control panel. the nf7-s however, does.

Back