• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What type of 1700+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

samkhadra

What type of 1700+ should I get, cause from what I've heard so far there are different types and theres a certain one that can overclock more than the others?

Thanks in advance!

samkhadra said:
What type of 1700+ should I get, cause from what I've heard so far there are different types and theres a certain one that can overclock more than the others?

Thanks in advance!

For most people, a Tbred B 1700+ or 1800+ DLT3C would be good enough, they should be able to reach 2.2 - 2.5 GHz on air, provided there is no problem with the motherboard multiplier and FSB combination, power supply, .... Make sure NOT to get a Tbred A (by mistake) which tops out at around 1.9 GHz.

As far as the 4-letter (e.g. XPMW), 5-letter stepping code (e.g. JIUHB, JIXHB, KIUHB, NIUHB, ...) and week code of the CPU, there are always rumors and posts talking about some are better than another. Assuming the same setup, the difference among them are within 100-150 MHz, so for daily real usage, their actual difference are not big, unless one is planning for an overclocking competition and chasing the last % of MHz. But even with the popular stepping, there is no guarantee of getting a top, dream overclocker, because there are statistically variations which determines its overclocking characteristic which cannot be determined until being tested.

Last edited:
Back