• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bought New K75SA Mainboard and HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dguy6789

I just bought this board, set it up with my athlon xp 2000 in it, then put my gf2 in and harddrive and cd drive, then i turned on, put win xp cd in. I picked boot from cd. I starts fine, saying loading files, and at the bottom says alll kinds of stuff is loading, then it says, loading windows. And it just sits there, for over 10 min, i have done this before on many systems and it doesnt take this long. What could be wrong? i cant get past the loading windows part, but it loads everything else then just hangs at that screen. HELP!

Are you referring to the screen where the little green or blue stripe goes left to right? Everytime I tried to get into windows at an FSB of 150 on a cold boot with my board I would get to that screen and the hard drive would freeze up and the stripe would just keep going forever. If this is what you talking about I'd try to boot at 100fsb, if that doesn't work I also had the same type of freeze up due to an older ASUS driver on my geforce 2 gts deluxe so maybe its a driver issue.

Mike

P.S. If you list your entire set-up maybe someone will have something jump out at them.

i dont get into windows it gets into the part where it has to install the stuff and format drive, but when it is loading all those files when it gets to the part that says loading windows, it just hangs there. my system is
athlon xp 2000
512mb pc133
gf2 mx400 pci
20 gb wd
ecs k75sa mainboard

i am not overclocking btw.

The ram, is it one stick or two 256's? Some K7S5A's won;t run right with 2 sticks of SDRAM.

dguy6789 said:
it is 2 sticks of 256Mb PC133
Sell those and get u one stick of PC2700, load the cheepoman bios, be sure that you have at least one com port or the serial port enabled. load windoz. oc to between 143-150fsb. that should take care of it.

i can do the following with it, i can install windows me, then it works, untill i install video driver, then after the win loading screen the screen is black. So i can also upgrade to windows xp, but as soon as the win xp load screen is gone, it goes black. Im thinking, that as soon as a video driver iws installed it messes up, IE after the loading. So could it be a problem with my pc gf2 mx400? It worked once on win xp perfectly, then 2 hours later it crashed, i restarted it, then it wouldnt shwo naythign after xp loads, so could it be the video card? if it is, should i get an agp card?

One of my K7S5A boards (I have 5) is using a GF2 Ti450 but it's a agp card. The only one of my K7S5A boards with a PCI vid card has the card in Slot 3 and that is an ATI 7000. You might check a couple of things.

1. BIOS set to PCI instead of AGP boot
2. Change to a different PCI slot on the board and verify that the card is not sharing IRQ of one of the onboard devices.
3. Turn off all the onboard devices that you are not using.

I have installed WinMe, Win2K and WinXP on the system with the Ti450 without any problems.

Back