• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon XP 2500 + O/C Results Post here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FarEast

Most Generous Member
Ok I bought a new Athlon XP 2500 +
AXDA2500DKV4D
AQXEA 0330VPMW

What can expect this thing to do ? I heard that on air you could get 2.5Ghz. Anyone else with this chip and steppings and what results you got.

Please list:

Motherboard
Voltage settings
FSB
Multipliers
Temps (If possible)

Thanks

FarEast

Average 2.3 but with quality all copper heatsink and quality name brand power supply you can hit hit 2.4.

2.5 is possible and doable but with really good upper end power supply and Thermalright upper end heatsinks, provided you get real lucky with a chip from a good batch and you pass some high voltage through your system.

FSBs are in the 200s and vary by brand of RAM, unless you have
http://www.memoryx.net/gn256pc3200.html
then you can hit 220 FSB almost guaranteed.

Question is 'what you got' and then people might post estimates on what you might do.

It will be running in the First PC in my Signature with the following memory Corsair XMS TwinX 1024MB so that should cover the memory side. (I hope as it cost enough! :rolleyes: )

FarEast, you got your DVDs and soundcards and what not in your sig but no PSU.

Right after cooling, it's the Power Supply that makes or breaks the overclock.

Ok yeah sorry listed everything but the heart of the machine!
It's running through a 520w not sure of the make but it came with the very expensive Li-Lan case i have.

Any way I wacked up the FSB to 200 and it's running fine without even touching the voltage settings.

Nice new system there buddy. Hope everything turn out the way we all want it to Overclock hehe.

yeah all my specs need to be changed now as there has been a cascading of hardware to the other systems.

Ok just upgraded my siggy and as you can see I got a good overclock in my XPC with the old Athlon XP 2100+ I just wish they did a voltage setting adjuster in the bios settings!

You're posting in your thread that is about "What can I expect this thing to do?"

A 2 second peak inside your case would tell you the power supply brand... what's stopping you from looking?

c627627 said:
[BA 2 second peak inside your case would tell you the power supply brand... what's stopping you from looking? [/B]

Whats stopping me is that I would have to remove the whole Power supply from the case just to tell you the name of the company that manufactured it. And to be honest with all the wirring i would have to pack back away neatly, it's not worth it.

Originally posted by corrosive_nf
11.5x200
[/B]

I Just adjusted my multipliers to what you have and i just achieved another 100 Mhz !

Originally posted by Klownin79
Chaintech Zenith Ultra 400
AXQEA Y
195x11 1.65Vcore
33C Idle and 36C Load
[/B]

Nice overclock .....and even nicer Temps!

Last edited:
OK sorry FarEast, usually the label is on the side of the PSU facing you when you open the case, are you sure it's not installed upside down?

Again, the only thing this is about is your thread starting question:

FarEast said:
I heard that on air you could get 2.5Ghz.
FarEast

This is very rare but without exception, whoever posted achieving this, did it with a Power Supply of certain quality brands.

In other words, if I may: 2.5 GHz does not seem to be due to the chip because we had somebody last week do 2.5 with an old 2100+ that's not known at all to reach speeds that high.

What's the explanation? The guy had top of the line all copper Thermalright heatsink with a good fan and a known quality name brand PSU. I would assume good case air circulation as well.

i just ordered the barton 2500 AQXEA from excaliberpc.com....for cooling ive got the MCX462-V+92mm tornado, and a fortron 530watt PSU...im hopin for 2.4ghz.....2.5ghz would be awesome.

picked up some buffallo PC3700 as well (2x512mb) hopefully i can get about 230fsb.

c627627 said:
OK sorry FarEast, usually the label is on the side of the PSU facing you when you open the case, are you sure it's not installed upside down?

The thing is I wish you had asked two days previous to question about the brand as i had all my systems in peices and it would have been easy to remove the PSU and check out the brand! :rolleyes:

Back