• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Raid and NF7-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caRpetbomBer

I have 2 120 GB Maxtor Diamond Max® Plus 9. Booth hard drives are using a Serial ATA to IDE Converter. I setup a striped raid in the setup. Boot off XP and press F6 and install 10033 sata drivers. This is where is gets ugly. Most the time i get into windows. Then i keep getting all these errors. Gets so bad i cant even get into windows anymore. I have no idea what the problem is.

Right now im on just 1 hard drive everything is 100%.
i have no idea what im doing wrong. Are there some bios settings i need to setup as well. Everything in bios is at default.
What should i do?

Sounds like you have an old BIOS that doesnt have the SATA RAID fix. Update to the latest BIOS & try again.

I have the newest bios 18. Some told me it might be the Serial ATA to IDE Converter. Right now im going to test booth hard drives.

Looks like i got my raid finally working. I tested booth my hard drives with powermax and there fine.
So switched all the cables around made sure there all plugged in right.

In the bios i put first and second boot device to serail ata.
And changed the Extp2p to 1ms.

And used 1.0.0.33 sata driver at XP load up.

Its funny cause i dont know what made it work. LOL

Back