• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What went wrong(unlocking problem)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elv

I had this 1700XP pal for some time, did once try to unlock it by closing bridges but those thing are so small, ok today I saw I could connect the pins under the cpu.quick trip to C:\Documents and Settings\Elvar Aron\My Documents\unlock\www_ocinside_de - OverClocked inside.htm and a litle of the rear window paint.
I put the cpu back in and I get a error messaged that the cpu has changed and I should go to Bios .I try to lower the multi but my PC wont post, so I clear the cmos.
My pc will run at the default multi but i cant seem to be able to lower it, what did I do wrong????

try one of the multipliers with out the double-ones, it might default to one of the two and that makes the overclock too much.

my guess you didnt fill in the gap right I have the same problem I have duals 1 of the cpu went perfect but the other one cant go above 11.5

I think I messed up big time I see the guide I used is for Barton??

o dear :( different core dunno what effects it has on that....for teh barton? Im no expert but i thought that bartons were pre-unlocked like T Bred "B"'s r. I think the tut u saw was how to make teh barton post at higher FSB by shorting out some of the bridges making teh chip default 133FSB. Im not sure how that works but it just does ;)

Well aleast my CPU is working, cant change the multi but I could not before

Back