• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Board???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Y.E

Hi all,

Im building a new comp and chances are i wont overclock if any thing i will change the fsb but ill keep the clock of the cpu the same. Ive already decided that i will get the Athlon Xp 2500+ barton but i cant decide which board i sould get [the max fsb i will run with this cpu is 400(200)]. So i need a board that can handle 400fsb stable and has on board lan and sound.

Can u help me pick a board for $120 (cndian) or less from this site:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/motherboards.html#amd

My current choice is th A7V600

Thanx Y.E

looks like a very good choice.... :drool: gigalan

the only other board i would consider would be the abit nf7-s with the nforce2 chipset, but that's $145, and out of your price range.

oh yeah, and a cheap one without sata, and only 10/100 nic: Gigabyte GA-7VT600-L for $97

hahah ok ..... i was tryin to debate between the a7v600 and the MSI K7N2-DELTA-L i think they are the best two boards

cherryp00t said:
between those 2 go with teh msi board.. just because its NF2.. its much better than any via board in my opinion

its true that the nfroce2 is better than the kt400 and the kt400a, but this is kt600, and those actually get better benchmarks than the nforce2

Y.E said:
chances are i wont overclock

They always say that at first :D

Some rather bizzare pricing schemes at that website. Motherboards that are similar in list price have massive price differences.

I would opt for an nforce2 board, probably the Asus A7N8X delux considering your price range. Nice features, soundstorm audio. It pains me to recommend it over the NF7-S but price is an issue and you say you don't want to overclock

filip04: Actually nforce2 still has a better memory controllre than the KT600 and beats it in pretty much every benchmark..

Deathknight: the A7N8X is over his price as well

There's only 2 NF2 boards that fits his budget on that site and thats the A7N8X-X and the K7N2-DELTA-L.. either one is fine and will perform better than the kt600

ok so i should go with the nf2 boards ... and if i were to get something more expensive i should go for the abit nf7-s? it seems to be a favorite

with all the nf2 boards will i garentee at least 200 fsb? cuz the a7v600 will ... also how huch performance increase will i see going from 166fsb to 200 if i keep the cpu speed the same(for example i plan on getting a barton 2500+ with this new board and instead of running it at 1.83 at 166fsb i will run it at 1.83 at 200fsb) will i see a noticable performance increase?

Back