• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo... Can't get it to boot. Plus 4 red led displays

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XunknownX

Disabled
Ok, this computer refuses to boot. It's an MSI KT3V mobo with 256mb pc2700, and an AMD Athlon 2000+. Now, you know that bracket in the back with the 4 LED's that helps you troubleshoot it. When I turn on the computer, I hear no beeps although it obviously powers up, and that bracket, all 4 led's are red...which isn't covered in the manual. If you have had this happen to you, or at all failiar with the situation, please help.

It used to boot. Then tamara (now ex g/f) got on it...and she wanted to swap the keyboard and mouse, she did this with the power on. USB keyboard (hot pluggable so n/p) and a ps/2 mouse. Then she said she was on for 15 minutes and the monitor went black. Haven't gotten it to boot since.

When I attempt to boot, it powers on, but that is all and all 4 led's are red on the MSI bracket. Monitor stays black. Also, no beeps whatsoever from the computer. I've swapped out the videocard and RAM...so I know those aren't an issue. I've also swapped out the heatsink. And the power supply is less then 4 months old. 350w. The clue is the 4 red led's on the MSI bracket, but that's not covered in the manual. I e-mailed MSI, but I get those automated replies...drives me mad...:mad:

Yeah, I'm going to borrow my mom's 1700+ I used when I built her system. If it doesn't boot, then it's definitly the mobo.

Back