• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Okay, I'm convinced

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hoytron

So, with all of the talk on the subject, I understand that RAM timings are more important that sheer MHz. With this in mind, what particular RAM should I look for for use with a P4 2.4C? I want to know what RAM will run at the highest FSB with tight timings(CL2 etc.). And what might that FSB be, ballpark? I'm hoping somewhere around 240MHz, as that would allow me to run FSB 300MHz * 4/5. Any input?

nice ram for the occaision?

i run corsair twinx 3200LL at 2-3-3-6 (i have really played with it too much) and an fsb of 265 (still cranking this as we speak) this ram is MADE for o'cing and just as importantly for use in dual channel boards. They are sold as a matched pair that have been tested together in a dual channel setup pre sale. I have an ASUS P4C800 deluxe with a 2.4C 800mhz fsb cpu @ 3.2 or there abouts. Like i said im getting further with this setup every minute!

hoytron said:
So, with all of the talk on the subject, I understand that RAM timings are more important that sheer MHz. With this in mind, what particular RAM should I look for for use with a P4 2.4C? I want to know what RAM will run at the highest FSB with tight timings(CL2 etc.). And what might that FSB be, ballpark? I'm hoping somewhere around 240MHz, as that would allow me to run FSB 300MHz * 4/5. Any input?

i am no xpert so pardon if i am wrong but from the various reading i have done online i found that most people say mhz will beat out lower timings at the expense of those mhz.

That was the original consensus, but many have proven that to be wrong. Sandra will report higher scores, but most other benchmarks will not. I'm sure that it's highly debatable. Obviously it would depend on the situation. I also don't want to spend more than I have to, but I'm getting impatient.

Back