• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Molester

Ok, so i burnt out the 1800+, when i did, i put my 2700+ back in, what's weird is that i'm running better than before

what's in my sig is what it was running at before the 1800+, was the most i could get

now, i'm running at 223x11, and passing prime, before, it would error out after 3 seconds, (at 219x11, errored out in about an hour)

now, 225 is my limit for cpu frequency(450fsb), i know because earlier today i had dropped the multi to 10 and pushed the cpu as high as i could, and it was stable at 223, but not 225(no 224)

so my next step will be to drop the cpu freq to about 210, and up the multi to 11.5 and see how high i can go

anyone have an explanation for this??

only thing i can come up w/ is i set the heatsink/as3 better, but i doubt it

EDIT: also, prime sure does seem to be running fast

nothing else change, well, when i had the 1800+ in, i had my volt mod in, but i had pulled it out to see if it was the problem before i figured out it was the cpu itself, so basically, nothing has changed, other than the chip sat on the desk for 10 days

Back