• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston VS. OCZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just need memory to OC big time.

i can get my kingston to make 9996 i pcmark 2002.

i think i want more ;)

So i want to know if OCZ i better than the kingston??

Dichael said:
I just need memory to OC big time.

i can get my kingston to make 9996 i pcmark 2002.

i think i want more ;)

So i want to know if OCZ i better than the kingston??

I really dunno, since ive never used OCZ. I hear good things about it from the few ppl that have some. You would need someone that bought the same type of memory from Kingston AND OCZ to really get an answer. :-/

ConquereR said:

I really dunno, since ive never used OCZ. I hear good things about it from the few ppl that have some. You would need someone that bought the same type of memory from Kingston AND OCZ to really get an answer. :-/

I think that OCZ is good but i dont wanna give 100 pound more 4 them. If i dont know if they a that good.... Kingston is good but i want to make more than 10500 in pcmark 2002....

A freiend of mine has a asus p4p800 Deluxe with pc 2700 kingston no hyper x he makes 9986 in pcmark 2002.

that is just as good as my pc 3200 hyper x..... :mad:

Dichael said:

I think that OCZ is good but i dont wanna give 100 pound more 4 them. If i dont know if they a that good.... Kingston is good but i want to make more than 10500 in pcmark 2002....

A freiend of mine has a asus p4p800 Deluxe with pc 2700 kingston no hyper x he makes 9986 in pcmark 2002.

that is just as good as my pc 3200 hyper x..... :mad:

You prolly both have BH-5 Hyper X

ConquereR said:

You prolly both have BH-5 Hyper X

He says that the ones that he has is not hyper X. But i dont know about that BH-5 who do i chek it???

Dichael said:

He says that the ones that he has is not hyper X. But i dont know about that BH-5 who do i chek it???

You would have to find your receipt and look at the manufacturer number. All BH-5 modules will have 2-2-2-6 timings. If the module is BH-5, the manufacturer number will be something like this KHX3200K2/512. With that being said, if it is a CH-5 module, the timings will be 2-3-2-6. The manufacturer number will be KHX3200AK2/512. There is a "A" in the number if its CH-5 and there is NO "A" in the number if its BH-5. Check out THIS link. The top one is CH-5 and the bottom one is BH-5. Hope this helps.

If neither of you are overclocking, he probably has some of the GAT/PAT crap enabled... giving him an edge. If you are overclocking.... What are you running the ram at?

After 9 months of looking for the best memory for me , I will use corsair.From what I have seen it is real good memory . (If that helps)............Tell next time.......

I get my hyper x to OC but the best i can make is 9998 i pc mark 2002..

that is max i think....

ok Thx 4 you help m8

know im gonna see if i can find kingston with timing 2-2-2-6 :)

Everything I've read seems to say that Kingston Hyper X is the way to go (Vs. OCZ). I've never read anything bad about Hyper X on these forums, where I have read about issues with OCZ. Also, I've read a number of pro hardware reviews linked off HardOCP and such saying that Hyper X is comparable to Corsair mem in any practical sense.

"As for the Corsair's new competition, it seems that Kingston might be the only one truly worthy and capable of taking a chuck of the enthusiast market. In testing against the Corsair XMS3500 512MB, the scores came back awfully close."

http://www.explosivelabs.com/reviews/kingston_hyperx3500/

Thats a pretty big compliment in my book. It sounds like a great product to me. I'll probably upgrade to a gig of that stuff in a little while myself. I'd give the Hyper X a shot.

:cool:

Back