• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thorton to barton mod worked!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joikd

Registered
I just got my 2400+ thorton and closed the L2 bridge. Now my cache is 512. I'm running at 2402 mhz @ 1.9 volts.

I was running a 1700+ tbred at 2137 mhz @ 1.9 volts.

My Morrowind FPS has increased big time. I'm not sure if it is because of the extra cache or higher mhz--probably a combo of both, I guess.

Anyway, thanks for sharing that info. about the mod.

If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free.

I found it accessmicro.com. You have to call and ask specifically for a thorton. As of Thursday, there had six 2400+ thortons, and one 2000+ thorton left.

I'm using an slk-900 with a vantec tornado on a rheo running at 2900 rpm's.

For some reason, this thorton is running a few degrees hotter than my old tbred--44 degrees as opposed to 41 degrees. I thought the extra surface area would make it run cooler.

says 80 dollars for 2400+ thats kinad expensive considering a barton is only like 90 or less shipped free at newegg... but good to know thortons are out =)

no, thats the duron, the thornton is an axp, well, kinda, its a barton with half the cache disabled, so its a barton with 256k cache, not quite a tbred b

Supertrucker said:
no, thats the duron, the thornton is an axp, well, kinda, its a barton with half the cache disabled, so its a barton with 256k cache, not quite a tbred b

and not quite a barton ;d apparently the mods do work so if the price of this chip falls some more then it might become a worthy upgrade =d

they were not that much in the news really.

I remember Ed mentioning them some time ago, then a few articles came along recently.

$80 for a thorton......erm a barton is $84 and doesn't require a mod..........why would AMD price them like that?......o well whatever :D.......

i dont think amd priced it like that.. its just that this site sells cpus for a much higher price than newegg...

if newegg were to hvae these thortons im sure you'll see it 10-20 dollars cheaper :)

btw xp2200+ OEM is 79 on this site.. 66 on newegg..

Back