• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emberghost

Hello all you wonderful techies, I am having some problems with my computer freezing and I believe it is a ram issue. Recently my computer has been randomly freezing and I could not figure it out...But I just now did some "tests" and figured out that if I open 6 programs my comp freezes??? Before this started happening I was getting memory errors saying it couldn't access " *lots of numbers* " memory, or something similar. I am very tempted to reformat and just reinstall windows xp and start off with a clean slate. Most of the things on my computer can be easily saved and reinstalled. Plus I have not reformatted ever in about one and a half years (when I bought it) soooo it may be a good idea.....Or could this be that my memory is dieing and I need a new set?

I have one question that I was thinking of though that may cause a problem. I recently renewed my one-year subscription to Norton Antivirus, and if I reformatted and reinstalled Norton would it automatically pick up where it left off?

Gigabyte Ga-7n400L1 mobo
Amd Tbred 2700 cpu
512 mb 2100 cas 2 (mushkin I think) ram
400w Sparkle PSU
g4 4200 graphics card

If you need any more info please ask, this problem is really bugging me.

I am running at all stock right now to try to figure this out, so 13x166.

well u have pc2100 ram (133fsb) and thats only good for about 150fsb so it properly is the ram :) run memtest for about an hour tho to make sure

Back