• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX Does it cook.....food?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

[rant]
Well here I was thinking that its time for an upgrade and why upgrade unless I'm going to go all the way. So I decide to look up the pricing for the FX chips. :eek: 750.00!!. That chip better do my work, school, and make me breakfast all at the same time for that much! WTF is that about?! The only thing even close to being a decent price was the 3200 64 at 250.00 which isn't even a damn FX! :mad:

Since I was burned on buying this Barton when they first came out and paid 250.00 for a chip that was 90.00 a few months later I'm a little careful to jump in to say the least. So the point of my story is: If someone gets one and it does the amazing things I need, like clean my house, cook me food, or anything else like that let me know and I'll pick one right up.

[/rant]

I stopped getting the latest and greatest after I got to 1st page of the ORB. It's saving me quite a lot of money.

It's not worth your while getting a $750 processor. Not even if it comes with a maid.

unless she's Laetitia Casta. :p

but it is possible to cook using processors. I remember seeing lots of people who turned their heatsinks into hotplates, and cooked stuff like eggs using them.

If you have money to blow, then you could do that with an FX.

Last edited:
if you were an intel-fanboy instead, you would never complain about price ^_^ - - you know that is the truth

im an amd person i like this cpu and is willing to wait till next year for it.. its too new =d its fast.. but i want the later revisions of this cpu that are clocked lower have the .09 process and of course way better ocability :)

Back