• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD XP1700+ question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zexmarquies01

i currently have an XP 1700+ palomino ( i couldn't remember what it was...so used sandra-soft to check it )

i want to know, by shorting out certin L3 bridges, would it be likly that i could reach 15x multipliers on this CPU?

And if so, what voltage might be needed for that?

Everywhere i checked, the core voltage for my cpu is 1.82 volts.

But my mobo only allows me to raise the voltage up......like...5%, and 7.5% ( i forget if it allows me to reach 10% )

but i'm not sure those voltages would be enough.

and i don't know if i really want to connect all the L1 bridges.....cause i could short a few L3's much faster and easier than connecting all the L1's.

well......some help would be very......helpfull here.

check under the AMD FAQ for all the links for the wire in socket method for setting your multipliers and voltages.

15x133? not likely. Highest I ever got with my XP2000+ palomino was 1856Mhz.

1.75Ghz might be possible with a 1700+ palomino. you could use 12.5x140 for that.

Your motherboard might not support multipliers above 12.5x...

edit:

cool. cherryp00t just found the link.

You're in Ohio which means you can have a guaranteed Thoroughbred B chip delivered to you for $49 in a couple of days. They overclock between 2600+ and 3200+ on average depending on cooling and power supply.

Why even bother buying unlocking gear for the Palomino when it can do nowhere near T-Bred B speeds even if it was unlocked? eBay the Palomino and go for the 3000+ overclock with B!

Well, my motherboard allows up to 18x multipliers

i'm saying, instead of UNLOCKING it......i'm thinking about keeping it locked, and having it decetct the multiplier by the Hardware. by shorting some of the L3 bridges......

but cause its a palomino......i may just do the L1's

who say's i'll buy anything for this cpu to unlock it?

i go to school, and my main class is electronics. i could take it in, and get it unlocked free of any charge. i'm thinking about doing that anyways.

and the reason i don't buy another cpu.......i'm pretty much broke.....all the time. my job sucks. don't get much money there, not enough hours and pay. so i want to make due with the processor i have at the moment.

i'll upgrade later. but i think i will just bridge the L1's together.....and unlock it, and use my motherboard to set the multiplier.

well thanks on the info an all.

if i unlock it, i'll post pictures probably.......if i do it. like i said, i don't want to screw up my only processor.......if i do......i'm out of a computer.

Back