• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just purchased 1gb of ocz 3500el ddr. Good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

odin30

Registered
Just wondering if $265.00 for a gig of ocz 3500el dual channel is good.
I think this is pretty good ram. It got good reviews.
What you guys think?
Its suppose to have bh5 chips. Does anyone know for sure?

I don't really like OCZ and would have gotten differnt RAM.

However, if it does have BH-5 then it sprobably gonna be pretty good (don't know if it is though:/).

All the reviews say it is good actually they usually say its the best?
I think most people have bad feelings about the old ocz. That company was bought from these new guys. They have usually had very high quality stuff.
Usually too expensive thats why i was asking if anyone had seen it cheaper.

The second stuff (512 stick) Here is winbond BH-5 according to Buffalo's website. It has a pretty good reputation, esp for GOOD value type ram, 200 bucks for 1G of PC3700, that is what I would get but I don't have much money :/

But you are right about the rep they got from the old ownership. I know that but still the stigma I am still a little hesitant. Also some of their products are a little gimmicky- They sell by looks more than preformance in some cases such as their HS's. Just like ThermalTake whom I loath (that that either are the worst its just somting about them that I don't like). They are like the Poser companies of Geekdome. Like Haro in BMX and some other campany in skateboarding. Lol, but I think that whole poser it is pretty funny too, and I am quite the poser... Meh Ill leave you with the following words (and funky face):
"Get the Buffalo:D"
And shut myself up.

Yeah i was looking at buffalo. But i really wanted quaranted speeds and lifetime warranty.
Plus ive seen lots of reviews of ocz stuff and none of buffalo's.
All ive heard is good things about ocz ram. But ive heard some do well with buffalo and some don't.
Can't take that chance.

odin30 said:
Yeah i was looking at buffalo. But i really wanted quaranted speeds and lifetime warranty.
Plus ive seen lots of reviews of ocz stuff and none of buffalo's.
All ive heard is good things about ocz ram. But ive heard some do well with buffalo and some don't.
Can't take that chance.

Where all teh people who did bad using the BH-5 memory? cuz they ahve some that is not as good and only a little bit cheaper...

Still if you were basing your decision on reviews why didn't you choose Corsair or Mushkin? I think I hear/see more about them than OCZ.

Not too many reviews with mushkin in them but the ocz stuff usually beats corsair.

Back