• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

newbie need help overclocking asus a7n8x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bythegods

Registered
hey all, first of all i'm new here so pls go easy on me :p
well, at first i tried to post this at www.nforcershq.com forum. but somehow i cant post anymore reply to my thread, so i cant bump it to the first page anymore :(.

well, here's the link to my thread there. i'm sorry but its too long to write it all over again.

bellow is suppose to be my reply there but for some reason i keep getting invalid session error when i tried to post it.

ok,
i tried to raise the vcor and vdimm up to 1.85 vcore and 2.8 vdimm with memory timing at 9-4-4-2.5T at 207x10.5 fsb (2173 mhz) and it still wont work.

i tried to run 3dmark 2001 but i cant seem to pass a single benchmark, it keeps either dropping to desktop or rebooting my comp.

oh and i even bought a new psu for my comp (antec true power 550) and it changes nothing.

it seems that i hit my fsb/memory wall??? anyone know what iswrong with it, cause before buying the new memory i was using 512mb hyperx pc 2700 at 11-4-4-3 timing running @200x11.5 (2300 mhz), and it runs fine for about a month.

any help would be appriciated

thx in advance

i'd suggest memory timings of 11-3-3-2.5t, and pick up the 1005 uber bios from nforcershq.com, better voltage options

your cooling seems good, so if you wanna volt mod to go over 1.850(though i'm sure at that setting you get 1.888v) you could

your prob does seem to be your ram though

thx for the reply
i'll try to loosen the ram timings later. but it just seems weird to me cause my ram is pc 3500 (433 fsb) with default timing @ 7-3-3-2T, so i actually running it at underclocked right?

anyway, i've been testing other setup. i can get to 2400 mhz with 200x12 with vcore @1.825. i ran 3dmark2001 for around 45 mins, and its stable.

well, that was my aim for my overclock actually, only i wanted it to be on higher fsb and lower multiplier :(

k, i'll try loosening the ram later and post how it go

thx again guys

ps: molester thats a nice overclock :eek:, and really nice 3dmark score :p. well, after i solve this prob, i'll try getting my 9700 pro to match your 9800 pro :p hehehe, i'll beat you someday!!!! :eek:

good luck!!!

remember though, overclocking is an addiction, or sickness, not a competition, hope you do better than me though, my sig will change soon though, hehehe

Back