• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios-Inaccessable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

L0stS0ul

Registered
Hi everyone!

I have a little problem with my bios: I simply can't access it anymore. If i press "entf" *edit: entf=del* i get a black screen with the blinking curser in the upper left corner (you can't type anything and ctrl+alt+del doesn't work anymore) and a blue streak near the bottom (from one side to the other).
Is there anyone who can help me?

System:
TB-800
Abit KT7-Raid (non-a)
256 MB Ram
Geforce2-GTS

Last edited:
thank you for your *help* !

the key we both are refering to is labeled del on your keyboad and entf on mine. entf=entfernen=german keyboard (and believe me, this key opens my bios -well at least it should)

any other tips ? ^^

L0stS0ul

Ahh...... here I thought every keyboard was in english:D

I take it you already cleared the CMOS if not give it a shot BUT in a possibility of a corrupted BIOS Chip this may render your system unbootable. You can also try to FLASH the BIOS to the latest available, idea being to over write any anomalies found in your BIOS.

this could help, but i do have the most recent version of my bios...
i'm not sure but i think the "anomalities" first appeared after transportation... could there be any damage? in fact everything works, its just i can't access my bios

L0stS0ul

The only time I got this was when I flashed a BIOS that was 1 bit too large, ABIT's fault, to my KD7 RAID. Naturally I flashed back to an older BIOS then. Some modified BIOS' can do this to you when they incorporate a different image into their mod or other file size altering mods. Go with a non modded BIOS then see how it goes making sure that the BIOS update is for your particular revision.

If you need a modded BIOS with all the toggles enabled just ask but do post your board revision.

i do have an official version, but i have some modded bioses here too (didn't use them up to now) its OC'Masters bios and "OCmasters modded bios with raid_a9 +CPU id patch" from the KT7 + XP thread...
My board is a KT7-raid in the first ever sold revision. (2 damn months later and it would be a KT7a *grumpf*)

*edit*: Biosid is (Kt7)a9

L0stS0ul

Try reflashing your bios to the same version. Maybe it just fluked when installing. If that doesnt work install the older bios again. If that works that contact the people that made it and see whats up with the new bios.

ok, i'll do that. if i'm not posting anymore my computer didn't make it...

L0stS0ul

Hi!

After i pulled all my courage together i tried to flash my bios. But there was one thing i did not think about: my bios is configurated to boot from hdd1/hdd2 and then from raid... so i can't start up with a bootdisk and flash.

what else can i do (without the risk of damaging my bios permanently as sonny mentioned before) ?

You can remove all your HDDs & the board should look for the next bootable device IF you have not disabled BOOT FROM ANOTHER DEVICE previously. I hope your not overclocked at the moment.

i guess i have a problem...
and i'm not overclocked -unfortunately

*edit*: would it be possible to boot up with linux and flash the bios from there?

L0stS0ul

Back