• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kr7a with 2400+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wonderboy75

I've tested a TBred2400+ on my Kr7a and it run good..
so i've unlocked cpu connecting 2 pins and try to play with multipliers/FSB :
12x 166Mz --> 2000 Mz 2400+ speed default

now if I Want overclock by multipliers I've only 12.5 x in bios menu
Motherboard recognise 15 x default cpu value when it's locked ,
I think this multiplier is supported
How can I do to have 15x by bios menu ???
or should I solder a resistor like this

http://213.197.30.23/xp/mod1.png

to obtain more multipliers

Welcome To The Forums!!!!!

.....and to the addiction:eek:

There is a mod on the CPU to fool the board to recognize either the upper set of multipliers, 13X - 20.5X, or the lower set, 5X - 12.5X, which can be done either on the CPU PIN or behind the MoBo. You can solder a switch to it to allow you to toggle between upper or lower set. The option of the higher multipliers will be available as remapped multipliers not as true values.

The problem, this doesnt work with all boards. The mod has been successful with the older SDRAM boards like the KT7|A|RAID but not the KX7 - 333R. The KR7A - RAID|133R I cant say for sure.

thank do U have any links to suggest with this mod
I found only kt7 mod by soldering 180hm resistor on MBoard
like picture in 1° post
I think it shoud work on my board
I hope to chance my 2000+ with a 2500+ barton @ 3000+

Variante ascari ?? are U from Monza ?? :)

You are familiar with this? Its the Palomino 2100+ pin mod that will enable the lower multipliers only as long as all the L1 bridges are connected. You can solder a switch behind the Ziff Socket since all the solder points behind the board match the pin assignments.

PIN.gif

Just a Tifosi that enjoys that wonderful sequence of corners.

Thanks Sonny
I just made this mod to unlock CPU ; U are right It enables only multipliers from bios from x5 to x12.5 but i need higher
i need a outline picture that show how pins connect behind Ziff socket to change multipliers

There's the XP-TMC total multiplier controller that can let you not only adjusting multipliers for overclocking but also for permitting new Athlon XP/MP CPU's to run in older Socket A boards with slow FSB clock(100 or 133MHz). With the application of XP-TMC total multiplier controller, you can adjust the multiplier from 5 to 24

http://www.upgradeware.com/english/product/xptmc/xptmc.htm

unlucky it's not sold in my country ITALY ,and i prefer to do mods
by myself

I would try mod for kt7 This should let me select any multipler in the bios, from 13.0+.

5.0->13.0
5.5->13.5
6.0->14.0
6.5->14.5
7.0->15.0
ecc...
mod1.png

but i'm afraid to damage CPU if it doesn't work

Could U help me Sonny ? What should I do ? without informations and about socket pins

Have you seen JOHN CARCICH'S HOME PAGE? He has a bit of information that you can use to figure out that mod. Just remember that PIN assginment is EXACTLY the same as the solder points undearneath the Ziff Socket behind the motherboard.

The mod you mentioned is a remapping mod for the multipliers were everything moves via set of 7.5/8, I don't think you'll see the multipliers change but the lower values will be remapped to higher values. Isn't it 5X - 12.5X instead 5X - 13X? I remember that 5X is remapped to 13X so it's not possible to have both on the older boards.

Back