• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon XP 2700+ results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Molester

ok, as some have read, i have the setup in my sig, took out the 2700+ to try out an 1800+ jiuhb dlt3c, cooked it, and put the 2700+ back in

since then, i've gotten better performance out of it
i got it up to 2553(11.5x222), but it was unstable, i could surf the web and such but froze on 3dmark, i didn't want to push the vcore past 2.000v w/out better cooling

but because of that, it's easy to assume it could go further w/ more voltage and better cooling

right now though, since i want better fsb i'm priming it at 223x11=2453, reads as 2461 w/ 1.970vcore

i won't be able to break 225(450fsb) untill i do the chipset voltage mod and get better ram(pc4000 is what i'm looking at)

Eeekkk! 2.0v is too much for me, your brave going 1.97v thats some vcore there. and get that volcano crap out of there buy yourself a nice sk-7 and a sunon fan or something. only like $28 for both.

GlitchOfDoom said:
Eeekkk! 2.0v is too much for me, your brave going 1.97v thats some vcore there. and get that volcano crap out of there buy yourself a nice sk-7 and a sunon fan or something. only like $28 for both.

uhh.... I think he's using a TT fan on a Coolermaster Aero 7+... read his signature...

but that's a great overclock Molester!

thanx shiyan, and i've hit a wall, only because of 3 things, lol:

need better cooling(mach II fund already started)
need better ram(pc4000 ddr500 in 2 weeks)
need chipset voltage mod(will do, but will be buying an NF7-S soon)

i was able to hit 2553(222x11.5) but not stable, plus temps were getting past my personal limit so i didn't want to raise the vcore any, i'm also limited to 2.16v and that can be solved by the NF7-S
i could get 2500(217x11.5) stable, but lost performance do to the lower fsb, so i opted for 2442(222x11) and lower temps ;)
prime stable 8+ so far @ 222x11=2442, vcore @ 1.902, will let it run over night and tomorrow while at work

also, i've noticed more and more ppl with a 2700+, so feel free to post your results here or if you think i can push more, feel free to send me some ideas

peace :p

well, prime failed at 222x11 w/ 1.902 vcore, but is 24+ hours stable w/ 0 errors at 222x11 w 1.950 vcore(more than i need, will figure lowest vcore possible at a later time), prime temps topped at 48*C so this will be my daily settings

i ordered the swiftech MCX159 chipset cooler and the swiftech MCX462-V for my processor, will be putting a tornado 92mm fan on it and run it full at 113cfm

i'm also picking up the pc4000(ddr500) in 2 weeks, and the parts for the chipset voltage mod, i can use 225cpu freq(450fsb) but not very stable, so w/ the chipset mod and ram i hope to hit 230+(460+fsb) and w/ the new heatsink i plan to jack the vcore up to 2.16v and hit at least 225x11.5=2588, and maybe even hit 2.6gig, the 2.16v vcore will be the restricting factor

but, 2.45gig on air, W00T!!! time for the benchies

i'm sure they can do more, but it's the chipset that's limiting me, plus i'll be trying to push more w/ the chipset mod first and if it can do 230mhz i won't switch, but i'd love to do 250, hehehe

shiyan said:

uhh.... I think he's using a TT fan on a Coolermaster Aero 7+... read his signature...

but that's a great overclock Molester!

Whoops must have mixed it up with another thread I was reading. Never mind then :)

GlitchOfDoom said:

If he was using the Volcano 7+, it would rock the SK-7 anyday so technically, the volcanos are not crap.

OC-Master

Back