• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2500 at 2.6 on AIR!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's cool...

man...I barely pass 2.4....I wonder what the CPU temp was....Maybe I'll get there when the winter comes and I run it outside in freezing weather:)

Well not to say much but I did post @ 2520mhz with 2.0 volts but I havn't tweaked her in all the way yet either.

:eek:

I guess AQZEA is the stepping we want then.

I wouldn't be brave enough to use 2.05v with air cooling though.

wannaoc said:
I thought this was pretty damn amazing. I can't read the dutch(?) but the picture says it all. Now thats some speed! :eek:

Linky

It's German. Just translate using Altavista babelfish.

Last edited:
Well to me just a hobby if it die so be it. I probably want run 2.05 except for maybe a few benches as for daily use 1.95 is about my max that I perfer.

I'm afraid of using more than 1.75v for everyday use lol, except I tried 2v at 500Mhz for a burn in, but that's all.

If I wasn't so tight on cash at the moment I'd probably try more.

Last time I was running 2.0 on my Barton my computer started acting crazy but wasn't over 45C. Mine is one of the orignal steppings so it barely held 2.4 at 2.0V. Maybe one day when I can replace it I'll take the volts as high as I can go even if it burns to give it final cremation sendoff. ;)

AFAIK no it's not stable but then again i didn't even try to run prime @ that setting I was just seeing what it would post up to with 2.0 volts.

Wow, looks like these AQZEA's are keepers. I'm pretty sure that hitechjb1 got 2.61 Prime95 stable with an SLK800.

i'd try going that high if i could only stand the whine of my sf 2. i've booted at 2.52 before and only 1.89vcore. i could probly do 2.6 with a higher vcore and the fan cranked. my load temp with fan cranked at 1.92 vcore is 31C.

Last week I got a 2500+ AQXEA 0330 , and it rocks...
I have yet to get some serious cooling, but this thing is prime stable at 2230MHz with stock cooler by AMD, and stock voltage...and I am talking super turbo stable....3 days prime, endless 3dmark01 loops and double toasts....i get 52C full load temps.
With extra voltage it could maybe go 2300 or something, but I dont wanna bother... in a few days I'll get an SLK-900U and a Delta 110 CFM fan, and we'll see how it does...

But 2230 on stock cooler stock voltage, I think is at least encouraging....

AQXEA 0330 ...go for it...

shiyan said:
:eek:

I guess AQZEA is the stepping we want then.

I wouldn't be brave enough to use 2.05v with air cooling though.

It's German. Just translate using Altavista babelfish.

2.05v gets my machine unstable. The most stable voltage for my Barton AQUCA is 1.975v on air. I have posted at 2.100v but it wasn't stable for more than a few minutes.

cujo said:
i'd try going that high if i could only stand the whine of my sf 2. i've booted at 2.52 before and only 1.89vcore. i could probly do 2.6 with a higher vcore and the fan cranked. my load temp with fan cranked at 1.92 vcore is 31C.

what?

do you live in an igloo or something?

I've had the sig sys up to 209*12=2508Mhz but it failed prime after a few hours. Vcore was at 1.925. I was going to try 1.95 or more but chickened out because of temps.

<edit>Great o/c they have there tho, and besides, who can argue with this:

"Der Barton 2500+ mit dem AQZEA Stepping stellt alles bisher dar gewesene in den Schatten. Satte 2600MHz konnten bei 2,05V problemlos gefahren werden und das auch über 18 Stunden Prime95 Torture Test! Würde man diese 2600MHz in das P-Rating umrechnen, so käme man auf stolze 4200+! Es wird sicherlich noch eine Weile dauern, bis AMD offiziell einen Athlon 4200+ vorstellt."

:D

I don't beleive it...I have a 2600 on air and the highest I can get it is 2.3 but my board may be problem...I can't get any more volts out of it but at the same time I wouldn't pump 2.0 volts on air on anything...you are asking for a MELT down...

my 2700+ hit 2553 w/ about 1.999vcore, could surf the net, do small things, but 3dmark wouldn't even finish, didn't want to go above 2v on air, and everyone talks about the thermalright slk800, but what about the swifttech mcx462-v?

Back