• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HyperX 3500 vs Buffalo 3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kiljaden5

I need some new ram since mine won't really go over 180.. so I'm looking at these two

I can get 2 sticks of 256 HyperX @ 65 a piece
and the buffalo would be from newegg @45 a piece + shipping but they're out of stock

I want to run this ram at the lowest possible timings, probably not much over 200 since I don't know how high my mobo can handle, but then again I'd also like to have something that will be able to last me if I happen to get another mobo sometime along the way

I'd get the buffalo pc3700. In stock and in your price range.

66$ shipped each stick. BH5 instead of ch5. Will definately do 200 @ 5-2-2-2.0 if your board can. And with voltage this stuff has been hitting 230-250FSB at tight timings too.

Yep, the Buffalo 3700 is better than any CH5 ram, and pretty good overall. The only ideas I like better are the Kingston HyperX 3000, HyperX3200 (non-A), or the Mushkin 3500 Level 2. The Buffalo is $20/per stick cheaper than the next most affordable alternative, the HyperX3000. But the HyperX 3000--which is a BH5 also--looks to have as much potential as anything and as such is a fair deal at the $120 the 512MB version costs at newegg.

Your timings are messed up. Intel boards can't even do 3 or 4. 5-8 only. You must mean (missing timing)-3-2-2.0 or (missing timing-4-2-2.0

Ch5 isn't bad, but I've heard it has compatibility issues and my experience with it agrees with that... also It really HATES RtC 2. So Bh5 will almost always outperform it slightly. And there is a guy on ebay selling hyperx 3000 pretty cheap. (I paid ~190$ for 2 512 sticks). The quantity of ram he sells makes me think it is a dealer of some sort and not an overclocker selling rejects, and his feedback is good. Of course warrantee coverage on ebay purchases is uncertain. And I don't believe he says the ram is sealed, so it may be rma'ed ram that he tested as good (IE, Other overclockers rejects... like much of neweggs refurbs).

Lithan said:
Your timings are messed up. Intel boards can't even do 3 or 4. 5-8 only. You must mean (missing timing)-3-2-2.0 or (missing timing-4-2-2.0

sorry, my sign is old, now i'm using a NF7-S V2.0 :D
so timings are 3-2-2-2 ;)

Tras is different from the other timings, too low of a Tras timing decreases performance, don't be proud of low Tras, according to mushkin, your Tras should be CAS + Trcd + 2, read up at mushkin

buffalo 3700 defaults as cas 3 i believe, i wonder how much it can do at cas 2

Larva: how do you have that 1.8a overclocked that high!?

C1?

i thought C1 is the good northbridge for nforce2 boards that run 200fsb, he runs a p4

or is this a C1 about p4s i never knew about?

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3 said:
C1?

i thought C1 is the good northbridge for nforce2 boards that run 200fsb, he runs a p4

or is this a C1 about p4s i never knew about?

heh, C1 is a P4 stepping, even before the nForce2 boards.

I remember ?1 was the good northbridge on the nforce 2 boards.. I have the A1 and it gets to 200 fsb, so I dunno

weird thing with my buffalo 3700 order from newegg... I ordered monday and it still hasn't shipped, this is the longest it ever took for newegg, hope I have it by friday :(

I can go AT 200, haven't tried too many stability checks over 200 yet though

the only way I CAN go 200 now though, is if my ram is at 166, thats why i need good ram hehe

Back