• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Smp system using ASUS A7M266-D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hrm I think you will probably get alot better information if this was posted over in the SMP forum ;) Speaking of which there is a good thread over there about a dually build based on that motherboard. You will probably find some helpful info in it:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=221075

To try and answer some of your questions off of stuff I have picked up I believe that motherboard does not allow mult changes. I wouldn't go overboard spending too much cash on good memory, you won't get enough FSB out of the board to really need more than PC-2700.

If you have a good case with excellent airflow you really don't need wicked cooling on your CPU, unless ofc you want to get some pretty high OCs. My dually is running with a pair of silent boosts and it gets nice temps(well nice considering the rather high readings this mobo reports but I am used to high readings anyways ;) ). More powerful fans on a nice HS like an slk-800 would certainly help your oc.

Back