• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bartone 2500+ from newegg retail

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cardboardbox

Registered
Barton 2500+ from newegg retail

Got it today almost didnt make it , just in case anyone cares the latest stepping from newegg in retail package

AXDA2500DKV4D Y865807240441
AQXEA 0331 VPMW

havent droped it in yet.
Its going in an 8k3a+ so that might limit my clock but i will do everything to squeeze the last bit out of this chip.

Last edited:
its in having some problems with my new ram tho
i got it out of the box with stock voltage 2075mhz
this board seems to be reporting my temps wronge mbm5 says 53C on load but i know that isnt true, my setup is maze2 eheim 1048 and chevette heatercore with 1/2 tubing the waterblock is cold to the touch if it was true the waterblock would be slightly warm

Last edited:
its known that this bios reports the diode wronge.
my motherboard is 8k3a+
2375mhz right now at 1.9volts prime failed tho set in bios mbm reports 1.85

12.5x190 :D im so limited by my motherboard
i gotta find a battery for my tempurate sensor so i can check the temps cause i know its not reporting right.

Found some info seems the board does report the temp all whack can be anywhere from 10 to 20C off lol im guessing close to 20C off for me cause its reading 55C right now full load running prime at stock voltage @ 2186mhz
Ive never known my system to get over 55C even when i had my tbird at 1.66 with 2.15 volts and thats alot of watts.

It seems this chip doesnt like voltage that or my motherboard doesnt like fsb higher then 175 which sucks im going to keep trying

Last edited:
2.25ghz at 1.70 voltage seems about it with this mobo i dunno what it is , might need a burn in , probaly my motherboard tho extra voltage seems to make no difference but going to 181 x12.5 instead of 180 seems to my ram is pc3200

update: The cpu suffered from sudden death syndrome
I hit reset after my prime failed it posted i went into bios to change something chaged it and saved and it never posted , stuck my old tbird back in and booted right up.

As there is no "sudden death syndrome" in the AMD world, if your CPU is dead, it died due to overheating or it's core was physically chipped when you were mounting the heatsink.

Provided adequate cooling is present, even a 30% overvolt, that's 2.1 volts in your case would not damage the chip.

It would reduce its average life span from average 10 years to average six years, but it would not kill it.

Heat would.

Set your mobo to automatically shut down at, say 70 C and also read these instructions very carefully:
http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_alumina_instructions.htm

yes there is sudden death , the ram i got also today wont run stable at stock speeds
I have water cooling , it is adequate , i never gave it more then 1.9 volts

did you actually read what my post? it worked and then it didnt temps were fine. everything was fine but then it didnt work , i checked the core with a magnifying glass no visible chips.

I have my mobo set to shut down at 65C

Personally ive never read or seen a cpu over heat with the heatsink/cooling system attatched propery ive seen it lock up when it overheated but never fry while attatched.

this cpu was in my system for only 4 hours.

Tell me where i can host the pic and i will show you the proc there is no visible burns like you see on fried chips and no chips

It stumped me for a good hour on why it didnt work and still stumps me

Last edited:
See if you can find a buddy's computer and try your processor in that, so that the processor is the only common component and you can be 100 percent certain if it truly is the culprit.

I have that same exact processor 0331, On stock heatsink i have it running at 200mgz fsb with a x 10 multi so around 2.0ghz Stable at 46 idle. a little high, but stock hsf and thermal paste. I mgiht put some AS3 on but ill wait untill i order a new heatsink.

cardboardbox, I isolated a similar problem to a cheap power supply once.

Which one do you have? Once I upgraded to the name brand PSU, probs were gone.

FSP group fortron/source
FSP460-60PFN

i tried the cpu in my spare mobo also its dead.

Back