• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S 2.0 L12 mod success.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lithan

Disabled
Dropped some AC wire into the socket for a L12 mod. Went from 220max stable ~ 230 max post FSB to 250 Max post (Highest it can go) 245 loads windows and surfs net. Priming at 236 right now, then some 3d tests. This is on a 1700+ tbred B. Now the mainboard thinks I've got a 2600+. I dont know how or why it works, but it seems it does. Anyhow... if you do it, check the pins repeatedly. I put it in two different wrong locations before getting the right one and consider myself very fortunate that I didn't kill anything. With the board standing on edge so the lever is on right and the cpu socket is at the highest point on the board it can be with mosfets on its left and dimm slots on its right, the lower left corner is the one you want. Also make sure you find the right pins within that corner.

By the way. I'm vdd modded... Running about 1.9vdd. Prime + 3dmark 2001se stable for one run of 3dmark... 240FSB relaxed ram timings (8-4-4-3.0)... gonna swap out my adata for my hyperx and see what fsb I can hit at tightest timings. (5-2-2-2.0)

Last edited:
Awesome OC Lithan! Are ya still running stock cooling on the NB?

My L12 mod got me from 210 to 215. I'm not Vdd mod'ed and was about to try it but am not sure if I need to step my cooling up on the NB. Suggestions welcomed! :cool:

I've got an all copper thin fin Vantek cck-6035 heatsink on northy (with a quieter fan). Thing never even gets warm... An aluminum active sink from a p1 should do fine.

Ok, newbie question. I'm reading about the L12 MOD (and I still don't 100% understand how it works, I drop a wire to connect two of the 'holes' where the CPU goes together, but I'm not sure which two based on the pictures I've seen).

Anyway, is this necessary for Barton CPUs (333FSB)? I'm planning to buy the NF7-S + Barton 2500+ next week, this will be my first OC attempt.

Thanks in advance

Lithan said:
By the way. I'm vdd modded... Running about 1.9vdd. Prime + 3dmark 2001se stable for one run of 3dmark... 240FSB relaxed ram timings (8-4-4-3.0)... gonna swap out my adata for my hyperx and see what fsb I can hit at tightest timings. (5-2-2-2.0)

11-2-2-2 is the BEST timing for nforce2 boards btw.

vejita-sama said:
Ok, newbie question. I'm reading about the L12 MOD (and I still don't 100% understand how it works, I drop a wire to connect two of the 'holes' where the CPU goes together, but I'm not sure which two based on the pictures I've seen).

Anyway, is this necessary for Barton CPUs (333FSB)? I'm planning to buy the NF7-S + Barton 2500+ next week, this will be my first OC attempt.

Thanks in advance

I think if you get a NF7-S now, it won't be an issue, as it was only the older versions of the NF7-S that had the bios problem with 166fsb chips. I remember a senior member pointing out that it was not an issue anymore with the v2.0, which is the version selling now.

setting default fsb of 166fsb chips to 133 solved the problem for those older NF7-S mobos.

Back