• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New offical AMD forums @amd.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks kinda boring to me, I have registered anyway though ... :rolleyes: :cool:

#867 here!
looks like a place i wont participate much but will and can be usefull for cpu questions.
hopefully with some answers st8 from amd.

deathstar13 said:
#867 here!
looks like a place i wont participate much but will and can be usefull for cpu questions.
hopefully with some answers st8 from amd.

That's what I was thinking. Time to start pestering the crap outta them for what EXACTLY every letter and digit means on an OPN. Straight from the horses mouth.

*EXACTLY*. that is why I'm joining - hopefully they will give us some "inside" information and clear some thigns up a bit. Although I can also see it being completely useless if they don't give out "useful" information.

That's what I was thinking too... But I don't really think so anymore. The info would be out allready if they'd want it to be out.

well we can hope but its gonna be hard getting answers like that.
like id like to know is there anyway to get an opteron unlocked? i doubt they say one way or another.

but this also gives a chance to have our wants/needs heard!
ive seen this work on the abit forums.hopefully we get lucky here.

wow. their forums are FAST. like click and its done.

must be those dandy opterons ;)

Just registered... Rule number 11 kind of sounds funny:

This forum is here solely for express purpose of supporting current and future users of AMD Microprocessors. Posts advocating or suggesting the use of a competitor’s product are deemed inappropriate and we reserve the right to edit/delete such posts/threads at our discretion.

#1078 here

Maybe there will be little secret's about amd chip that we never know before:cool:

IMOG said:
Just registered... Rule number 11 kind of sounds funny:

if they aren't going to allow any mention of intel products in any way i will not be visiting their site again.

sure. the forums are paid for and run by a particular company.. but how can you have active discussion when you can't talk about what you are supposed to compare your product with??

That's what I thought. The rule allows the moderators a WHOLE lot of discretion on what they want to delete or edit.

Maxvla said:

if they aren't going to allow any mention of intel products in any way i will not be visiting their site again.

sure. the forums are paid for and run by a particular company.. but how can you have active discussion when you can't talk about what you are supposed to compare your product with??

Just surfing through, I've seen a few posts regarding intel that haven't been deleted. Hopefully they just made that rule to give them a lot of freedom in regards to intel posts, but they won't really use it unless it gets out of hand. I'll stick around there and if they do enforce that rule strictly, I'm out.

Member #1115

This should be interesting, some good info may come out of this though so I'll hang around yet ANOTHER forum ;) I think this makes 8 or 9 I'm regularly active in. In addition to 2-3 I'm a regular post ***** in :D

EDIT: Maybe I should've said "Garden tool"?

Last edited:
Wow... There mods leave something to be desired. Like maybee existant, they're nowhere to be found. They're probbably some nooby AMD employees who got stuck with it.

Rule #11 Seems to me to be a good way to squash flame wars by having it.

And it's pretty cool to see you guys over there. It's like "Hey, I know him.".

Back