• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ocz 3200 timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tehnull

I've got some wierd ocz ram.. It does 450mhz at 2-3-3-5 but won't run any other timings that I've tested I spent about an hour fiddling the other day to no avail. I need it to run at 500mhz so I need some more relaxed timings anyone else have any ideas? this ram is OCZ EL DDR PC-3200 I've got 2 matched 256 sticks running in dual channel on an abit nf7-s 2.0

Are you running it in duel? If so try taking out one stick of it and see how high it will go. I had problems with my buffalo 3700 in duel and couldn't get any timings stable at 400. Took one out and now its doing great. I guess I just had a bad stick, maybe you do also.

Also as that ram is rated at 400 getting to 500 will be quite a challenge imho.

Yeah you are already running 225 and its only rated at 200 what you lookin for?

well the default timings are something like 3-5-5-7 so I expect to be able to go higher than 400mhz at those timings but I can't.

some ram wont run at lower timings right.
Try adding some vdimm(voltage) up to 2.8 is completely safe and will give you more headroom.
Try 2.5,3,3,7 there is no such thing as 3,5,5 and you wouldnt want those timings anyway.
You want the highest overclock with the tightest timings.
That has provin to be faster then loose timings and high overclocks.
It is proven dude.
Try for 225mhz at 222,5 or 6 timings if you can get those at 2.8 yvdimm you have extraordinary 3200 ram. But that is what you should shoot for.
Its better to have a 5/4 ratio on the cpu,memory with tight timings then a high 1/1 with loose timings.

Getting DDR500 out of a PC3200 module is going to be extremely hard. You have to understand that you are already getting a very good overclock with the 450 MHZ you achieved at 2-3-3-5 settings.

I would say that 450 MHZ DDR at 2-3-3-5 timings is a nice combination of tight timings and fast memory speed.

Well it turns out it wasn't ocz...
I was told it was but then I took the heatspreaders of and lo and behold its twinmos pc2700 cl2.5

225 mhz is a great fsb clock with those timings. i want to see if my ocz pc 3200 el plat will do it now. If i could get 225-230 on 2,3,3,7, i would be so lauging.

Back