• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is FID???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

r0ckstarbob

hey guys

boy do i feel out of touch. have become a mac guy (the G5 is a sexy beast i must say and 64bit computing - well crap it's undescribable...) so haven't been dealing with this stuff for quite awhile. and yet, here i am building a computer for someone else and suddenly i realize how out of touch i've been and how far things have progressed. so i have a couple of questions.

how good is abits onboard audio?

and what is FID?

i never hear about people unlocking their cpu's anymore... do you not have to unlock them anymore?

thanks for the refresher.

no flaming please. :D

sorry off topic. Like i dont understand what is so different about 64bit? i guess i dont really understand what the whole bit thing is and how its sexy.

I like the audio on my nf7-s, havent gotten to try the digital in/outs but the analog is decent and the setup and control pannel is much nicer than my SBLive 5.1 card. Had to put a southbridge heatsink when overclocking to get rid of distortion at higher FSB.

i believe all the tbred-b processors are unlocked already, making for a very easy first OC for newbs like me :)

Where did you hear about FID? That would help.

Abit's onboard audio depends on thie chipset, the Nforce2(MCP-T, I believe) is the 5.1 and people LOVE it. AMD has gotten wise and most of their cpus come unlocked.

Back