• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

List All modules that use BH-5 chips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OSFP

Hi, can you please list here all modulew that you are sure that use BH-5 chips?

I have already heard about Buffalo PC3700 and Kingston PC3000, Mushkin PC3500 level2, what else?

BTW are Buffalo 3700 sure to have BH-5? and lastly, are there any diferences between modules with the same chips? I mean, buffalo is so cheap....but has the same chips as mushkin level2, does this mean they will perform the same or not?

The pcb quality has alot to do with it also.

Old versions(1.1 i think) of Corsair XMS 3500 and 3200LL use BH-5 too. Also, HyperX 3200 that's rated at 2-2-2 instead of 2-3-2 and old versions of HyperX 3500.

Buffalo
---------------
3200 is CH5, was BH5 at one time, but it's been a while.

3700 is BH5, always has been. To date there is no change in the 3700 and it is has been to this point all BH5

Kingston HyperX
---------------------------
2700 - 2,3,2,6 is CH5

2700 - 2,2,2,5 is BH5
3000 is BH5 <----- Probably the best
3200 is BH5

3200A is CH5
3500 is CH5

Kingston Value Ram KVR400 (cas 2.5) was at one point BH5, may still be. The cas 3 stuff definitely is not. No heat spreaders, so check all the Value Ram you can. Never know what chips you'll find, and it can be great.

Corsair XMS3200 and 3500 are CH5

And as noted many popular modules including the Corsair XMS 3200 and 3500 were at on point BH5 but have been CH5 for some time. Same with the Twinmos.

Well, I need to get 2 sticks of RAM cheap, and I would like them to be BH-5 , but I cant check them because my dealer cant know what chips have the modulew he orders for me...
So I need to be sure that what I get is BH-5 just from the code of it...
So Kingston value RAM obviously doesn't work for me (and the way you put it, it would also be hard to find those sought after BH-5 modules in valueram). Same goes for Corsair and Kingston PC3500 that I cant check...

PC3000 I cant find anywhere in europe, nor my dealer can get it...

So my choices are Buffalo PC3700 and Kingston PC3200 (non-A).
The buffalo is so cheap I can get 1Gb for almost the same price I would get 512Mb in HyperX ...(200e 1Gb , and 180e 512...)
So I am leaning towards the buffalo...
But I was wondering, how is this RAM so cheap? does it do worse than all other BH-5 chips?
I am gonna use it in an Abit NF7 and I would like to reach 230 FSB with aggresive timmings (so I can go more with relaxed ones if needed)...can I reach that with buffalo PC3700? At the moment Abit can give me 2.9Vdimm (aroun 3V because it overvolts) , but if needed I would mod it to give 3.2V or something...
One last thing, does buffalo have Lifetime Warranty?

Generally please answer this question : Is buffalo PC3700 a big bargain (in that it uses the same chips as the best and most expensive modules oyt there) or is there a catch and it cant touch those modules in performance?

Oh 1 more thjing, I noticed you said some kingston PC2700 has BH-5 Larva, does this mean it will go as far as the other BH-5 chips and its name is just misleading (PC2700) ? or it will me inferior for some reason?

Generally I need this question answered : Are chips all that matter in a RAM module ?

Sorry for the 99999 questions but I am really confused in the RAM market...and I wouldnt wanna spend all my money on a Mushkin lvl2 only to find out I would have got twice the size and same performance by a Buffalo...

So should I aim for the hyperx pc3000 instead of 3500 or 3700?
I don't get it..
can some1 clear this up for me? :)

thx.

what is your budget? you can get the hyperx 3000 at newegg i beleive for about $125 (2x256)...

also, older (early 2003 sticks) hyperx 3500 was bh-5 right? anyone have any idea when they made the switch to ch-5 on that particular stick of ram? i'm curious because as you can see in my sig i have some on the way... :confused:

Larva,

I have the same concerns as Suma. How is the HyperX3000 the best. Just wanted to know cuz a local store sells them.

PS

No animosity intended.

Is there anyway I can look to find out if my hyperx pc3500 is bh-5? I have had it for a few months and am curious to find.BTW I still have the retail box and crap ;)

I can't find it anywhere. IT isn't on the box or the case the ram came in in the box, or on the reciept. I dont think it is on the ram either. Is there any way to find out what they are?

I think all HyperX 3500 is 2-3-3 and that's why you can't tell what chips it has.

3200 is 2-2-2 for bh5 and 2-3-2 for ch5
3000 is 2-2-2-6 for bh5 or just 'Cas2' sometimes i think which may not be bh5

Back