• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No post screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doodah10

I built an A7N8X-VM for a friend. It's dead after 2 months. He has little knowledge of PC parts or BIOS settings so I'm sure it is not from his tampering with things.

Now I'm trying to figure out whats wrong before RMAing things. When its turned on the fans spin, but nothing else happens, no keyboard beep, nothing on monitor. This is the board with integrated video. Nothing is OC'd. I've tried clearing the CMOS, two different keyboards and mice. Now I'm removing everything not necessary to boot, modem, CD rom. The way I see it either the MB is bad, or CPU is bad. The memory is 2 sticks of corsair PC3200, CPU is 2500 Barton. Can bad memory also cause no post screen?

I took everything apart and put it back togather and it works now. I'm glad it does, but i hate that I don't know what I did to make it work.

Back