• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to reset NF7-s bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCVenom

Since last night my comp won't boot up properly. Here are the symptoms. When I switch the power supply on the keyboard flashes. When I switch the computer on the monitor doesn't receive any signal at all. Hard drives clicking etc. I thought it might be the graphics card but I took that out and put it back in again... Nothing.

The only option now is to reset the bios. Also taking out the battery might help too. I have read lots of people doing this, can someone show me how to. I left the manual at home since I'm in college .... :(

Ok the CMOS battery is in the lower left corner of the motherboard. Just to the right of that is jumper CCMOS1. It should have a little plastic handle on it, making it much easier to move with your hand.

Pin positions 1 and 2 is normal operation, positions 2 and 3 is discharge cmos. Just set it to 2 & 3 for a few seconds and then set it back. Make sure you unplug your PSU first :D

When I reset the BIOS Somtimes I have to press th epower button (with PSU un-plugged) to get it to work. BTW, the manual tells you prety much all the facts you would need to know about it. Except certain compatibility.

Well your PSU is going to hold a charge for a while after you unplug it. Pressing the power button is going to help discharge that power. Any time I work on my machine I do this. The fans spin for an instant and then you are good to go ;)

Thanks Deathknight. I'll try that when I get home.

I noticed the battery on the motherboard last night, but how do you pop it out?

OCVenom said:
Thanks Deathknight. I'll try that when I get home.

I noticed the battery on the motherboard last night, but how do you pop it out?

There's a lil clip on there. push that in/pull it up (depending on type I have seen two differnt ones) and it should come out pretty easily.

Hmmm... tried that but it didn't do any good. I brought the system round to a friend's house and testing all the components. Seems like the NF7-S is the culprit. Sounds like a corrupt bios to me but I could be wrong. Anyone have any advice on how to replace the bios.

*wish I had dual bios now!*

OCVenom said:
Hmmm... tried that but it didn't do any good. I brought the system round to a friend's house and testing all the components. Seems like the NF7-S is the culprit. Sounds like a corrupt bios to me but I could be wrong. Anyone have any advice on how to replace the bios.

*wish I had dual bios now!*

Take out the chip and put in a new one (its actually described in the manual). There is also a more complicated way if you have another NF7-S handy where you go to flash the BIOS on the good board then hotswap the BIOS chips when it gets ready to start and then go back.

Can't seem to find a link though. I would search google or the forums to see if you can find the exact procedure.

Back