• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice/Changes on Setup? ~~>>

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BRPEclipse

Registered
Hey guys I needed some input, i've been meticulously researching for the best parts and this is what I came up with. Please critique it and inform me if I could go with a better route. I understand the Abit NF7-S is an option, but I like the features of the ASUS. I WILL be overclocking, and planning on watercooling in the VERY near future (1-2months). I also understand the Barton 2500+ is an option, but i'd rather start out with a faster performing processor from the get-go, and improve from there on out. I'm also going to stick with Corsair, I know there are other brands (TwinMOS, Crucial, HyperX, etc..) but i've researched it and it seems as if machines with Corsair memory tend to overclock easier/further. Anywhoo..here I go:

Case: Cooler Master Wave Master (all aluminum)
Processor: AMD ATHLON XP 3000+ "Barton" 400MHz FSB
Motherboard: Asus A7N8X Deluxe
Power Supply: Antec True Control 550watt
Harddrive: Western Digital 200GB ultra ata/100
Memory: Corsair TWINX1024-3200LLPT (2) sticks=1GB
CDRW: Lite On 52x32x52 Black CDRW
DVD: Lite On 16x Black DVD-ROM
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9800np (flash to PRO settings?)
Heatsink: Thermalright SLK-800a

I'm still undecided on the fans. I want a harddrive fan, atleast 3 case fans, and a fan for the heatsink..any input?

P.S. the memory comes with platinum heat spreaders..Oh, and i'll be running WinXP Pro, and I plan on playing SOME games, (not too hardcore, but I don't want anything holding me back if I choose to in the future.)

Thanks all, appreciate it.

Back