• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

jeesh- memory or another over 255 1-1 prob???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

b4 i updated the bios (ver 1.7) i had the same no boot probs everyone else had, namely 1-1 ratio not working over 255 fsb(among a million other things). i now I can get this mb and mem to boot into startup and bios to around 285 or so but for the life of me i cant get windows to load over 253 fsb 1-1. ive eliminated everything xcept the memory and the mb.Heres my quandry, i find it hard to believe my pc4000 can boot to almost 290 1-1 but it takes a 253-254 fsb to load windows.... normally in my experience with memory, theres a 5-10 mhz window from stability to failure.. since abit has had issues with 255 and above,could this be something related to that? I have had so many issues both large and small with this board i plain just dont trust it... any suggestions??????

what motherboard are you using?
what timings are you using?

-going to ask it anyway-
what processor are you using? (unless your using es, i doubt you could have taken cpu out of the equation. but i'd be interested to find out how you did if you indeed to not have an engineering sample.)

what power supply are you using?
what is your DIMM voltage?
does the memory pass memtest at 250fsb?

oops so disgusted, i forgot to mention the particulars. abit Ic7,2.4c pc4000 w/ adata chips. running the memory at loosest timings 3-8-4-4 at 2.8v .all agp pci speeds are fixed. the cpu runs around 3.4-3.5 when i run 5/4 ratio so the cpu isnt the problem. again i find it hard to believe that to obtain any stability when loading windows i gotta drop the fsb almost 35mhz from 288 to 253.

Back