• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HyperX PC3000 2*256 major help needed...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Banyan

Hey,

just got the above kit and installed into the system in my sig. anyways, it will only boot into windows at pc2100 spec and anything else will cause the siren to sound. i have cleared cmos several times, went through step by step settings in bios, and reseated each stick multiple times. anyone have any idea what may be going on?

i tried searching for my answer and didn't find appropriate threads.

i was running this rig @ 200fsb with 2100 crucial... like an hour ago. :eek:

these have bh-5 so do they need a lot of juice or what?

*seems to be working atm at default (185mhz 2-3-3-7 (but wtf default is 2-2-2-6-1T) but it should be able to go much higher from what i hear and run tight timings... :confused: i enabled apic and that seemed to be the magic thing.

got it to go along for 195*10.5 but it's refusing to over that, timings still at stock 2-3-3-7.

this ram "upgrade" is the biggest pain in the *** for me yet. maybe i'll just sell this **** and stay with the crucial.

this crap will be going back tomorrow if it wont budge. not even wanting to do stock fsb and timings...

Last edited:
Back