• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the best memory for the NF7-S 2.0 to get a high FBS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

extremecorvette

Disabled
I have a 2500+, NF7-S 2.0, FX 5200 128MB what memory and timing do I have to us to get the best possible FBS? Will a lower FBS and better timing out perform a higher FBS with less timing? Thanks.

I'm running 2.5,3,3,8 with the Micron 2x256, FBS 210x10.5=2205Mhz

we all try for the highest fsb we can get with decent timings, every system is different, so your best bet is to find your highest stable fsb with fastest timings, and bench there, then lower the timings and go with a higer fsb and bench there. then u can compare the 2. i find that i get better performance from 210 2, 2, 2, 5. than at 220fsb 2.5, 2, 2, 6.

J.

Well run your chipset at max voltage for starters. Then put your CAS to 2.5 (CAS 3 is bad on NF7 boards it doesn't like it at all), and then 3 3 11 for timings. 2.9v on RAM (this is safe, trust me) and go as high as you can. Once you hit the wall try going to CAS 2 (why? because it's most likely your chipset that's bottlenckecking.) If that doesn't work put it back to 2.5 and your set to the highest FSB your RAM will go

Back